Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone. I recently was at the Toronto Auto Show and I took some pictures of the HR-V in what I assume is North American production form. I wanted to post up some of those pictures for you guy s and try to find some pictures of the HR-V in other markets so that we could see the differences more clearly. Hopefully you guys find this useful. :D

So the pictures I took from the auto show are attached. here are some of the Euro HR-V pictures that I found online.

And then there is also the Chinese Vezel.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Wow....thanks for the pictures!

What is encouraging is that this is not the Montreal car I thought would be there, meaning there is more than one copy floating around in Canada.

The Montreal car had the full chrome sports grill. This car does have the lower body accessory trim.

Very happy for you too that it was unlocked.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went to the auto show in Montreal to see the Mazda CX-3 but finally I crossed the Honda HR-V first, and I did not go to the CX-3. Here are the photos!

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ah ok. That is the same one as on the honda page. I went and checked and the fine print does say the one show is an awd EX. Not sure if I like them or not. I think I'll buy a black set of rims.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Oh, I'd say this gives us a pretty darn good idea... Oh, by the way, all the other shots taken at the Mexico production have the wheels blurred. I think this one slipped by them.

I don't think they are intentionally "blurred".

This picture has white protective material on the wheels and the grill....not blur.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Oh, I'd say this gives us a pretty darn good idea... Oh, by the way, all the other shots taken at the Mexico production have the wheels blurred. I think this one slipped by them.
Those are the same wheels that were on the models that have been making the Auto Show circuit so Its pretty safe to say thats the standard for the EX and EX-L trim levels. LX may get something cheaper looking like the CR-V has.

Personally I think they are the dullest wheels that we have seen. Other countries have been getting nicer looking wheel in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I looked again and the picture you posted has that protective film on the front wheels.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Those are the same wheels that were on the models that have been making the Auto Show circuit so Its pretty safe to say thats the standard for the EX and EX-L trim levels. LX may get something cheaper looking like the CR-V has.

Personally I think they are the dullest wheels that we have seen. Other countries have been getting nicer looking wheel in my opinion.
That first car off the line is an LX. (It doesn't have fog lights, standard on the EX) and appears to have the same wheel styling as the white EX being loaded on the train. (or at least very close in design).

I like the stock wheel. The only wheel I would switch to is the accessory wheels as seen on the Detroit and Montreal cars. Those are really cool.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Hopefully it's not an indication of poor quality control

I don't think it is a quality control thing. I think they are just giving extra protection to the leading edge of the cars, grill and front wheels. Probably standard procedure for carrying them on open carrier trucks..... despite in this instance being transported on enclosed trains at this stage of transport.

·
Registered
316 Posts
That first car off the line is an LX. (It doesn't have fog lights, standard on the EX) and appears to have the same wheel styling as the white EX being loaded on the train. (or at least very close in design).

I like the stock wheel. The only wheel I would switch to is the accessory wheels as seen on the Detroit and Montreal cars. Those are really cool.

Not saying that you are wrong, but they either changed the front license plate between pictures, because another picture of a Blue HR-V LX has a front license plate that says HR-V Hecho en (Made in) Ceyala 00000001, or they they are two different vehicles and the in the other one you can't see the wheels (it's a head on photo). And from experience most Honda models usually have different wheel types between LX and higher trim levels

·
Registered
316 Posts
I don't think it is a quality control thing. I think they are just giving extra protection to the leading edge of the cars, grill and front wheels. Probably standard procedure for carrying them on open carrier trucks..... despite in this instance being transported on enclosed trains at this stage of transport.
Except in the photos of cars on the assembly line seem to have protectors on both the front and rear wheels.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Except in the photos of cars on the assembly line seem to have protectors on both the front and rear wheels.

That is true.

Actually, I have been studying the cars in each picture for how the parts align and they look great. The gap between parts is also uniform. That's where I look for quality.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Actually could be that my picture shows the protective cover falling off of that one wheel. Every other photo, with the exception of the banner photo for car 1, has them on. At first it looked like a blur.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts