Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently purchased my 2017 HRV and I love it BUT there is this God awful noise coming from the steering wheel. It sounds like metal scrapping together or like a squeaking noise. It also sounds like a leather jacket being pulled at times. It's very weird. I live in Pennslyvania and I noticed that the noise happens more when it's colder outside vs being hot. I had it looked at and Honda replaced some stuff in the steering wheel but 2 days later after getting it looked at I heard the noise again. Is anyone else having this issue? Has anyone been able to get answers on what it is and get it fixed? If so please post a pic of the work order of what was done.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I assume this noise is only when turning the wheel ? does it remain when you adjust the wheel - try to adjust the wheel up and down as well as pulling it out and in - all as far as they go and see if the noise gets better or worse at each condition.
i did remember that the rubber gasketing-like strip along the top (where the column meets the dash) can get caught and folded over - an it caused a bit of a squeak on me, until i adjusted.
Is that the noise anyway ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I assume this noise is only when turning the wheel ? does it remain when you adjust the wheel - try to adjust the wheel up and down as well as pulling it out and in - all as far as they go and see if the noise gets better or worse at each condition.
i did remember that the rubber gasketing-like strip along the top (where the column meets the dash) can get caught and folded over - an it caused a bit of a squeak on me, until i adjusted.
Is that the noise anyway ?
Thank you so much for replying to my post. But the noise reveals itself more when I'm turning the wheel. But I also hear it when I go over bumpy roads especially on the highway in the morning even when the wheel is straight. Its like a squeaky noise and also sounds like metal rubbing together or like something is just loose in the steering wheel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts