Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've been watching this little guy come up from the web to the showroom for the last 2 years. I'm actually still waiting, being from Canada, till July this year.

I'm a 09 fit driver and its still going well, so no rush on my account.

I'm still waiting to test drive the EX manual or EXL CVT - but also wondering if I should just wait....

I'm expecting the earth dreams engine, coming inside soon, maybe next year...the 1.5Turbo, which next years civic will get.

Or do u think this engine will go to acura and their version of the HRV?

What do u think?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Personally, especially given the CRV vibration issue, I'm happier with a proven engine, especially if it's still built in Japan by the time we see it. If it's more power you're after the CDX is likely to get it, but at a price... and I'm not a fan of Acura aesthetics of late. I don't foresee a different engine in the HRV for a couple of years, but that's just a guess; I'm not sure what the new Mexican engine plant will be building.

My enthusiasm has been tempered a bit by reality, or at least by the reports of those that have seen and driven it, but the HRV is still on the top of my list for now.

(Im)patiently waiting...

·
Registered
41 Posts
The CRV engine is nos the problem in the vibration issue, is the pair of this with the CVT transmission which is a first one for the CRV as last year was still a 6 speed automatic, there is nothing wrong with the engine, I don't believe there will be any big changes in the next year in the HRV specially if they see tons of this vehicles, there wont be any incentive to make big changes, as the reviews are good so far unless there is something really wrong with the vehicle probably you will see the same car for a couple of years. On the other hand I done believe there will be such thing as a Acura version of the HRV, I am sure there will be a car with similar size and platform but it will be completely different to the hrv, both exterior and interior wise as well as the engine.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Love
-Size
-Technology
- Interior space
- Interior flexibility
- Weight
- Ground clearance
- Price
- Standard alloy wheels
- Feature extras in Canada

Hate
- Colours in Canada
- No Roof rail option, only EX-L
- No climate knobs
- No hitch option for bikes
- No 40\20\40 rear seat

Mixed
Could be more fuel efficient, but at least the older engine is proven

·
Registered
751 Posts
The CRV engine is nos the problem in the vibration issue, is the pair of this with the CVT transmission which is a first one for the CRV as last year was still a 6 speed automatic,
I thought Honda was saying the vibration was due to the offset crank on the ED engine.

I -thought_ the HR-V (2016, U.S.) engine is a modified 1,8L Civic (2015, U.S.) EarthDreams engine?
All correct afaik, except the EarthDreams part... it's not.

Canadians are getting substantially better safety features on their HR-Vs.
What features do you mean... the Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Forward Collision Warning (FCW)? That's all I can think that we're getting that the US isn't.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think it's been a disappointment for me. I still haven't pulled the trigger, and now I'm only 40% if I will. The combination of the underpowered engine that is very loud on the highway was hard to deal with. I'm surprised they went the route of trying to hide the sound instead of improve the performance. But the real deal breaker is by the time I have the features I'm interested in - it's 29k+. I feel like I'm boarderline getting into a better car at that price. But - I love the styling, I want a smaller suv - and I love the room it offers. That's why it's still at 40% for me. Just trying to decide now if I want to give up leather seats & AWD to get a more reasonable price - or do I step into something much nicer but with compable payments if I lease it ...

·
Registered
27 Posts
The hrv is great in most aspects. My disappointments are:

1. No power drivers seat (I can pay almost the same for a crv that has power seats).
2. Lack of head room in the passenger seat & backseat. I immediately noticed in the back and im 5'6. I can live with it but it didnt work well for my bf or dad. (5'8 & 6'0). I think maybe the moon roof is a contributing factor. My 08' fit doesn't have one & my dad had sk much room all the way around.
3. There isn't an ex-l without navi option as there is with the fit & crv.
4. I think the additional safety features should be available in all markets, but its not.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hello all,

I've been watching this little guy come up from the web to the showroom for the last 2 years. I'm actually still waiting, being from Canada, till July this year.

I'm still waiting to test drive the EX manual or EXL CVT - but also wondering if I should just wait....

I'm expecting the earth dreams engine, coming inside soon, maybe next year...the 1.5Turbo, which next years civic will get.

What do u think?
The HRV remains at the top of our list. We definitely would prefer a Japanese power train. A Mexican power train may give me reason to rethink. Everthing would be new on this vehicle. Niagara Falls is about 45 minutes away. It may be time for a road trip to visit a U.S. Dealership for that real look. Not sure if they would let a Canadian take one for a spin.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello all,

What do u think?
I'm concerned about the Mexican build of this car. Cars built in Mexico have been problematic; let's see how the HRV does in its first year . . . horns that don't honk, stripped bolts, etc

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
The 2 Most Important Aspects MADE IN JAPAN!!!

Engine and transmission are built in Japan, this is not the case for the Honda Fit.

The HRV remains at the top of our list. We definitely would prefer a Japanese power train. A Mexican power train may give me reason to rethink. Everthing would be new on this vehicle. Niagara Falls is about 45 minutes away. It may be time for a road trip to visit a U.S. Dealership for that real look. Not sure if they would let a Canadian take one for a spin.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.