Honda HR-V Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Difference between Wifi and Bluetooth OBD Adapters

A while back I purchased $25 adapter and it quit after about a month. The old OBD adapters generally ran either Bluetooth on Android devices or WiFi on iOS devices (to get around Apple's MFi rules and regulations, but generally did not work on both OS.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,

I've bought an adaptor to look at and hopefully clear some faults on my 2006 HR-V. The adaptor pairs to my Galaxy S5 fine, but none f the apps I use establish a link. I've tried the Torque (the lite version, not pro) mentioned earlier and OBD2 Pro Check Engine apps, but they seem to spend a few minutes trying different protocols before saying they can't communicate.

Can anyone offer any help?

Thanks,

Paul
Buckinghamshire, UK.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi guys,

I've bought an adaptor to look at and hopefully clear some faults on my 2006 HR-V. The adaptor pairs to my Galaxy S5 fine, but none f the apps I use establish a link. I've tried the Torque (the lite version, not pro) mentioned earlier and OBD2 Pro Check Engine apps, but they seem to spend a few minutes trying different protocols before saying they can't communicate.

Can anyone offer any help?

Thanks,

Paul
Buckinghamshire, UK.
I have an S7 and Torque but haven't tried my bluetooth ODB2 on this car yet. I'll report back.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Anybody able to get PIDS for the HRV beyond Water Temperature and Voltage. I am able to read and display these. But I am looking for more PIDs like Transmission Oil Temperature, Oil Pressure...

May be some User-Defined PIDs for Honda?

I am trying Automatic Adapter and LELink BT Adapter, both BlueTooth.
For App, I am trying DashCommand and OBD Fusion on my iPhone 6.

I'm looking for this too. I have an ELM 327 bluetooth and OBD DroidScan and it works well but as another user pointed out it's somewhat limited. This app allows you to add custom PIDs. I'll keep google searching and update if I find anything.

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm a little old school so I prefer the coolant temp and voltage readings. If you have the manual tranny it will give you the optimum shift points . Also it has quite a lot of fuel consumption/ driving info if you are into that sort of stuff. Actually I have been using DashCommand more often lately in both my cars, since I find the HUD aspect is a lot safer in traffic situations. ( more eye time on road). I have iPhone 5s and have not noticed any delay whatsoever between HRV speedometer display and DasHCommand. Also had a voltmeter that plugs into lighter and it also displayed same readings as DashCommand. (HRV shuts the alternator when it is not needed so voltage fluctuates between 12.2 - 14.4) So no response delays as far as I can see. Last thing that I like about the app is the travel mode so I can display MPH / gallons when in the U.S. and KPH / litres when in Canada.
My DashCommand did not give me the shift points automatically. Would you mind sharing the shift points you have configured please?

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have one, and several different apps but have not tried it in the HR-V yet. I have the cheapo $20 adapter and it worked fine in my Fiat. I will test it out and let you know if it works. I think my current adapter is a generic ELM327 (I think that's what it's called anyway) but I have a better one on order for faster and quicker communication, and it works with iOS and android and my current adapter is android only.

I have I believe 4 separate apps to test with too.
The torque app will not show coolant temperature on the HRV 2017 6sp. And a few other things. But most of the parameters are still there.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I don't understand why anyone would use a cell pone as an OBD reader? An OBDII reader can be cheap and can fix some problems....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't understand why anyone would use a cell pone as an OBD reader? An OBDII reader can be cheap and can fix some problems....
the ODB2 BT dongle is the reader, transmitting the signal to the bluetooth enabled android OBD2 app like Torque, giving you a scanner in your pocket.
by

·
Registered
2020 HR-V LX AWD
82 Posts
Years ago in another car, I had a Pioneer AppRadio head unit with an OBD II dongle and the Dash Command app, my iPhone was wired to the USB of the head unit and the Dash Command would display on the radio screen instead of the phone. A lot better when driving and safer too.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts