Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. So I dropped a small bottle of hand sanitizer behind the glove compartment on accident. I pulled the glove compartment out to retrieve it, but I think it actually fell further into the cabin air filter compartment and I can’t retrieve it. It’s not an open bottle, but will it mess anything up being in there?

·
Registered
929 Posts
So did you have the cabin filter out when this happened? I have replaced mine but can’t remember if there were any other “holes” when glove compartment was off.

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
248 Posts
If it’s anything like the Fit... there should be a large opening above, where the flap that move to switch between fresh air and recirculation. And that opening is completely exposed for recirculating mode, in the Fit. I took a look at Hondapartsnow for their diagram of the blower.
The image that shows just the blower, shows the large opening I mentioned. The image that shows the blower and various other parts, shows smaller slats instead.

If it did fall in there, it won’t do anything for now. But it will fall further into the blower when it comes time to change the filter. And if you don’t retrieve it at that point, then it could potentially get chunked by the blower fins... if not breaking the blower fins themselves. Either case will most likely result in replacing the blower... automatically not covered by warranty, if you still have.

So yeah, get it out of where ever it might be to be sure.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I ran my USB cable from the glove box to the USB port, and hid an ipod in the glove box- you could drop the plastic kick panel that is below the glove box and it should almost fall out.
the panel will have those push clips to hold it in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts