Honda HR-V Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Honda HRV
1 Posts
Thanks for all the good info. Gonna get my battery checked. It's also cold weather here today so that could be affecting my odometer also. Will try hitting the dash like someone said in an earlier post. Glad I found this forum

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had the same issue and where it does not light up at all:
View attachment 33080
I've actually banged my hand on the the top part of the dash here in the snip below:
View attachment 33081

It normally fixes it after a few hits. Because of that I think the issue is some sort of wire connectivity problem and maybe the wire contracts in the cold weather. I'm trying to find more information about the wiring behind the dash.
Thanks so much when I banged that part not even that hard it came right on

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m having an issue (see photo) where the odometer/trip/fuel display is dark when I start the car and then it will flicker on and off with gibberish. Eventually it will display accurately. It started a few weeks ago and I’m trying to trouble shoot before taking it in. I’m guessing it’s either an electrical connection or the battery. The other displays are not affected. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, what was the problem?
My 2018 did the same thing, only in the cold. Honda said they couldn’t do anything unless they saw it happen. I complained over a year. Finally, I let them keep the car during the winter to start it each morning Until they could reproduce it. Finally they were able to and they replaced the instrument cluster. Covered by warranty. It’s been good since then.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts