Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.
I got a Odometer display problem in my Honda HRV 2019 model (25000 mile)

In winter / cold weather when i start my car i don't able to see Odometer reading correctly. Number display is fuzzy and scattered lines. Once car stay for few hours in sunlight and when i start car again then i see odometer correctly.

what is the reason behind this. How to solve it.

Tarun
Raleigh, NC

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you find a fix to this issue-I have the same problem and Honda.said they never heard of this before And unless the problem happens while in the shop they cannot diagnose and fix it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ok thank you. Mine in the shop and they said they cannot do anything diagnostically unless it does it while in the shop-also told me not to read and believe things here-LOL maybe they should pay attention!!!! Of course the weather is well above freezing right now so…. I agree Honda should acknowledge and recall this as it is abundantly clear this is an issue with Honda.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just picked up my HRV-best they said they did was reset to factory settings. I will let all know of this helps at all, the weather being warmer it may not happened until colder weather.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Temperature related issues like this are usually caused by a hardware problem so I don't think a software reset will help. Good luck and let us know how it is next winter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just to let everyone know the “factory reset“ performed by Friendly Honda DID NOT fox the blanking out of the odometer and fuel digital display on the Honda HRV. I started the car this morning and it was about 36 degrees and it was totally blank. Not sure if Honda or their dealers know how to fox their own cars.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm guessing quite a bit here, but I think those LCD don't work well when the Liquid gets cold and viscous.

Likely there are LCDs that work well in the cold, but, Honda is now a bean counter firm and not an engineering firm.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,126 Posts
As posted in a similar thread, whatever the issue is it doesn't seem to affect the MID on UK market HR-V's that were built in Mexico.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you. I will keep posting if I can it solved.
I had the same issue. I complained about it for over a year. I finally let Honda keep the car during the winter and had them start it every morning until it was reproduced. They finally saw it and replaced the entire instrument cluster. Haven’t had the issue since

1 - 12 of 12 Posts