Honda HR-V Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Wow that Civic side rolling one, hadn't seen that before. Anyway, it was "dictated" that I'd be installing the hard cover after all ... hold my beer, I'm goin' in! Normally I would take a few pics for a brief write-up / quick hints, but seeing how 2022 is the last year before the redesign hits in 2023, doesn't really make sense.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Done!!! I updated the first post with some general tips. Sorry I don't have a finished pic (looks like any other cargo cover anyway), but here's the half way point:

Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,302 Posts
Why the need for a cargo cover in the first place? Do people leave valuables in their trunks routinely that they need protection?
Your comment got me thinking about that, especially as I currently very rarely use the Flexible Cover, if at all, whereas with my previous vehicles I used it all the time.

I guess the main reason for having one is that they come as standard in the UK, and all my vehicles over the last 30 years or so have had one, so it probably boils down to force of habit. To be fair, the rear parcel shelf on my hatchbacks lifted out of the way with the tailgate, so it was only with my estate with the roller blind style cover that I had to make a physical effort to release or pull into place.

It is general advice in the UK that if you have to carry any valuables in your vehicle to leave them in the boot as the parcel shelf stops people seeing what is in there. I also used the rear parcel shelf for placing my dhobi gear when having a bird bath at the side of the road when traveling through Spain and France. I used to dry my towel and facecloth by spreading it out over it as well.

It will be interesting to see if I get any comments about not having the 'correct' rear parcel shelf when it comes to trade in time, though I'm hoping that is still a considerable time away!

·
Registered
2021 Honda HR-V Vti-S CVT 2WD Passion Red
279 Posts
Your comment got me thinking about that, especially as I currently very rarely use the Flexible Cover, if at all, whereas with my previous vehicles I used it all the time.

I guess the main reason for having one is that they come as standard in the UK, and all my vehicles over the last 30 years or so have had one, so it probably boils down to force of habit. To be fair, the rear parcel shelf on my hatchbacks lifted out of the way with the tailgate, so it was only with my estate with the roller blind style cover that I had to make a physical effort to release or pull into place.

It is general advice in the UK that if you have to carry any valuables in your vehicle to leave them in the boot as the parcel shelf stops people seeing what is in there. I also used the rear parcel shelf for placing my dhobi gear when having a bird bath at the side of the road when traveling through Spain and France. I used to dry my towel and facecloth by spreading it out over it as well.

It will be interesting to see if I get any comments about not having the 'correct' rear parcel shelf when it comes to trade in time, though I'm hoping that is still a considerable time away!
The cargo cover in my 2003 Subaru Forester - 2013 & 2016 CRV's were all the pull out type.
The HRV is the first car (SUV) I have owned, that has the soft foldable cover. Probably because the cargo space is a tad shorter from the back seat to the cargo door than all the others, dunno, just guessing. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2021 Honda HRV VTi LX
20 Posts
@Hadleys Taxi That's not what our US 2022 HR-V EX looks like! That shelf ledge isn't there, it's a flat side wall above the groove. We have to take the side panels off, and screw in from the rear a plastic bit that looks like what is already molded into yours! I can take pics. I got my oem hard shelf from the Honda dealer.
Hey Zorbe,
Did you have to do any drilling/installing for ypur OEM hard cover? I'm in Australia with a 2021 model and just ordered the cargo cover, thinking is was a soft one, but have found out afterwards that it is the hard one. Is it easy to remove when you want to fold down the seats? Does it lift up when you open the boot?
I have just done a post about this whole issue...

21 - 26 of 26 Posts