Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an Avic 8200nex, and the install docs that came from crutchfield were less than stellar once you get past ground, ignition, always hot, and speaker leads. I'm looking for the locations of the VSS and USB/hdmi ports, and cameras. since there are about 9 plugs on the back of the EX radio, this is no easy task. Perhaps with knowledge of the plugs I may be able to find an adapter or two in china as well.

Does anyone have the wiring schematics for the radio system offhand?

Appreciate it!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive found the gist of what I'm looking for, its going to take some time to get inside it and connect to everything. I haven't gotten a location of the lane watch cams yet, but i need to look at my radio again before i put too much effort into finding it. It has two video in ports, but i need to make sure it has a trigger for both of them, instead of just the backup cam. If i have to push a button on my head unit to turn it on, I'm not fuckin with it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just purchased an Avic 8200nex, and the install docs that came from crutchfield were less than stellar once you get past ground, ignition, always hot, and speaker leads. I'm looking for the locations of the VSS and USB/hdmi ports, and cameras. since there are about 9 plugs on the back of the EX radio, this is no easy task. Perhaps with knowledge of the plugs I may be able to find an adapter or two in china as well.

Does anyone have the wiring schematics for the radio system offhand?

Appreciate it!
I was at a friend's auto repair shop getting some routine maintenance done, he pulled up the info for my HR-V from this site.

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.aspx

I was able to look around on this site using his computer and the audio listings included connector diagrams for the 5" (LX) and 7" (EX) head units as well as wiring schematics. He subscribes to the site yearly but they offer a $10 fee for 24 hour access. Plenty of time to look at or print all the info you need.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I was at a friend's auto repair shop getting some routine maintenance done, he pulled up the info for my HR-V from this site.

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.aspx

I was able to look around on this site using his computer and the audio listings included connector diagrams for the 5" (LX) and 7" (EX) head units as well as wiring schematics. He subscribes to the site yearly but they offer a $10 fee for 24 hour access. Plenty of time to look at or print all the info you need.
I'm pretty sure you cannot print from the software, because otherwise for $10 you'd get the material in your hands for more than a day. Also there are specific computer requirements for using the product. No Mac, only Windows, certain configurations. Details here to read before you plunk down money.
https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/web/RJAAI001_sysreq.htm

If your computer meets the specs, for a one day look at low cost it's a very good way to read your way to wiring success. Or any DIY repair work.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'm pretty sure you cannot print from the software, because otherwise for $10 you'd get the material in your hands for more than a day. Also there are specific computer requirements for using the product. No Mac, only Windows, certain configurations. Details here to read before you plunk down money.
https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/web/RJAAI001_sysreq.htm

If your computer meets the specs, for a one day look at low cost it's a very good way to read your way to wiring success. Or any DIY repair work.
All the sections I looked at had printer icons in the upper right corner and my friend has printed from the site. Not sure if you get that option with a day pass though. But like you said it's quite handy even if you can't print or save the info. Maybe other forum members have used it and tell us if you can print or download from the site. Still wish we had the option of purchasing a printed service manual.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I should have made more than a quick glance through the postings before I posted this thread and I would have seen that in a few other posts. I'm going to give it a run in a few days when I have time to really dig into it. Because I still have to get to the vss and I don't think there's a wire for that in any of the current radio wiring harnesses. So I'm gonna have to dig for it anyway.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Small breakthrough in regards to camera wiring, I perused tech info, then on another search I found another forum which held some more good information xdadevelopers.com with a forum member by the name of "crystip" who made the following post, which I take absolutely no credit for other than stumbling upon his wisdom. I can confirm this information is correct through techinfo.

[quote="crystip"First, you must know if you have the android processes regarding rear camera.
I don't know if your Head Unit is the same with mine, but I can tell how I made it. The Fujitsu Ten HU of my HR-V is here https://fccid.io/BABFT0056A, and here https://fccid.io/document.php?id=2147961 you can see the C male connector ( upper row, second connector, 24 pins from left to right ) used for video cameras.
In this C port, I have found this female connector http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/pcb-co...tacts/6909861/ with 2 wires in it: pin 1 and pin 13 ( both are F_CANs connections to ECU). I've populated in this female connector, and I used this pins http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/pcb-co...tacts/6909899/ ( or this pins http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/pcb-co...tacts/6909893/ depending of the thickness of the used wires ).
The pins that I used are C2-C5, C15, C16, C18, C19 ( 8 connections for OEM camera ) and C7 (12V) from reverse back light. I made the installation without cutting or puncture the existing car's wires.
I used 2 shielded cables both with 4 wires, one cable for the video signal wires and power supply wires, and one cable with ADPT, BIT0, BIT1 and Back LT wires ( this 2 cable ain't necessary to be shielded).

C connector, Cavity Terminal Name Description

C1 F-CAN_L F-CAN bus communication signal
C2 SH CAMERA Shield for terminals No. 3, No. 4, No. 15, and No. 16
C3 CAMERA V GND Ground for video signal
C4 CAMERA GND Ground for rear view camera for power source
C5 CAMERA BIT0 Mode select signal for rearview camera
C6 BSM SW LaneWatch on/off signal from LaneWatch switch
C7 BACK LT Detects reverse signal of select lever from reverse relay circuit
C8 BSM CAM VGND Ground for LaneWatch camera
C9 SH BSM CAM Shield for terminals No. 8, No. 20, No. 21, No. 22, and No. 23
C10 Not used
C11 Not used
C12 Not used
C13 F-CAN_H F-CAN bus communication signal
C14 Not used
C15 CAMERA V Video signal for rearview camera
C16 CAMERA VCC Power source for rearview camera
C17 Not used
C18 CAMERA BIT1 Mode select signal for rearview camera
C19 CAMERA ADPT Detects connection for rearview camera
C20 BSM CAM VID Video signal for LaneWatch camera
C21 BSM CAM VCC Power source for LaneWatch camera
C22 UNIT TO LWC Communication signal for LaneWatch camera
C23 LWC TO UNIT Communication signal for LaneWatch camera
C24 Not used

If you want to do it yourself, go and get your car's documentation from techinfo.honda-eu.com or from U.S. site ( you will need docs Interior Trim Removal, etc ) and do it very carefully
The installation was not quite an easy task. Even with the complete documentation, there are a lot of missing details for the work to be done.
I recommend you to find a dealer for camera installation.
[/quote]

The good thing about this setup is you will not have to splice any of your existing wiring to connect the camera, as the female 24pin adapter is available. Both cameras run off the single 24pin adapter, from this, perhaps someone with more electrical knowledge than myself can discern how to correctly wire the lane watch feature, and retain the correct buttons in the process.. Or i'll eventually figure it out in a much longer, more painfull, drawn out process. lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I supposed its important to note, that when installing your factory cam, on an aftermarket system, it doesnt go without saying at least for me and my limited knowledge, that a 6v stepdown is required to keep from blowing your factory cams up.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Speed sensor location included here. I'm going to assume perhaps that the differences in plugs are between an LX and ex/exl, although im not certain.

FUNCTION
Vehicle Speed Sensor
Below dash fuse box, 18-pin plug, pin 10 or 22-pin plug, pin 13
BU
Reverse Light ( + )
Dash fuse box, green 52-pin plug (N), pin 1
BN
Parking Brake ( - )
Above passenger's kick panel, 14-pin plug, pin 1 (electric parking brake)
BU
Brake Light ( + )
At foot brake switch or dash fuse box, blue 40-pin plug (Q), pin 8
L.GN to RD

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is what the harness looks like behind the head unit. I'm installing ah kenwood excelon ddx 9903s double din and would like to retain my factory lane assist & back up camera. I figured out the main harness is the biggest jack and the blue jack is going to the back up camera but the next 3 jacks I don't know how to wire them into the deck. Can anyone help?

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi...I'd recomend making sure if the headunit has a specific antenna lead, if it does use that for the antenna instead of the amp/remote wire so you don't have to put up with the antenna raising with CD on, only with radio.
Paid to have mine installed and they wired it up the the amp/remote wire, which I had to rewire to the power antenna lead myself.

order pcb

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
679 Posts
Hi...I'd recomend making sure if the headunit has a specific antenna lead, if it does use that for the antenna instead of the amp/remote wire so you don't have to put up with the antenna raising with CD on, only with radio.
Paid to have mine installed and they wired it up the the amp/remote wire, which I had to rewire to the power antenna lead myself.
Motorized antenna?

Is this some sort of canned/copied/spam response?

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is what the harness looks like behind the head unit. I'm installing ah kenwood excelon ddx 9903s double din and would like to retain my factory lane assist & back up camera. I figured out the main harness is the biggest jack and the blue jack is going to the back up camera but the next 3 jacks I don't know how to wire them into the deck. Can anyone help?
Hi, we bought the dasaita Android head unit and the wiring harness they sent was different connection for the reverse camera. Our vehicle had the same blue connection for the reverse camera as yours. We're you ever able to get the camera to work. We are in contact with the supplier (dasaita) but they have not been able to provide a solution. Let me know if you or any one on this forum can help

·
Registered
2 Posts
I supposed its important to note, that when installing your factory cam, on an aftermarket system, it doesnt go without saying at least for me and my limited knowledge, that a 6v stepdown is required to keep from blowing your factory cams up.
I don't know how old this thread is right now because I just bought a 2019 HRV today and want to put aftermarket Pioneer in but if it's anything like the 2016 Fit, it took me forever to figure out how to get the oem camera to work and that was with reading all the schematics and sucking at car electrical in general. I ended up having to Frankenstein two plugs from Metra and Scorsche I believe. I plan on working on this one so if anyone needs help still I will be tackling the beast too!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Speed sensor location included here. I'm going to assume perhaps that the differences in plugs are between an LX and ex/exl, although im not certain.

FUNCTION
Vehicle Speed Sensor
BU
Reverse Light ( + )
BN
Parking Brake ( - )
BU
Brake Light ( + )
L.GN to RD
do you have any pics of this connector? I’m not sure which one I’m looking for.

·
Registered
0 Posts

FUNCTION
Vehicle Speed Sensor
BU
Reverse Light ( + )
BN
Parking Brake ( - )
BU
Brake Light ( + )
L.GN to RD

Hey I looked all over and can't find what I need but it looks like you got it. I want to clip the vsp wire so I can use maps while driving. But I have no idea what I'm doing and can't find any diagrams. Where is that located?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts