Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
just checked on our EX-L AWD.

tires are 215/55/17
and wheels are 17x7.5 ET55, unfortunately made in china.
does anyone know what the hub bore size is???
also curious to know what stock rim weight is, i bet the OEM rims are heavy.

looking to get a set of 16" rims to run snow tires in the winter here in chicago. looking for hub bore size so i can get the appropriately sized hub centric rings.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
FYI just got these used on craigslist--enkei j10 in 16x7". ET38 i believe, which compared to OEM pushes the outer part of the rim about 11mm.

from the looks of caliper clearance--probably can't fit anything smaller than a 16" wheel. i'm planning on running these as our winter set up.

FYI OEM lug nuts are ball seat as well, so if you get aftermarket wheels you'll probably need conical lug nuts.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'd be curious as to the actual weight of the OEM 17's, as I have found in the past that going to a lighter weight, forged alloy and thereby dropping 6-10lbs/2.7-4.5kg of unsprung weight per corner really helps with ride quality and low-end acceleration. With a meager 141HP on tap, small modifications (like this) might be noticeable. Of course, whether it is economically wise, e.g., in terms of cost vs. gain is certainly debatable!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd be curious as to the actual weight of the OEM 17's, as I have found in the past that going to a lighter weight, forged alloy and thereby dropping 6-10lbs/2.7-4.5kg of unsprung weight per corner really helps with ride quality and low-end acceleration. With a meager 141HP on tap, small modifications (like this) might be noticeable. Of course, whether it is economically wise, e.g., in terms of cost vs. gain is certainly debatable!
ya i already got a set of 16" enkei's i plan on using in the winter. when the OEM tires wear out i'll probably look for another set of 16's to run during summer.

·
Registered
134 Posts
just checked on our EX-L AWD.

tires are 215/55/17
and wheels are 17x7.5 ET55, unfortunately made in china.
does anyone know what the hub bore size is???
also curious to know what stock rim weight is, i bet the OEM rims are heavy.

looking to get a set of 16" rims to run snow tires in the winter here in chicago. looking for hub bore size so i can get the appropriately sized hub centric rings.
I took out the wheel and measured the centre bore size as I also needed for my winter wheels. It was 64.1mm or 2 1/2 inches.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.