Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engine:
1.8-liter SOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder i-VTEC Engine
  • 138 horsepower @ 6,500 rpm and (SAE net)
  • 127 lb.-ft. of Torque @ 4,300 rpm (SAE net).

Transmission Options:
  • Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) with Honda "G-design" shift logic
or
  • 6-speed manual transmission (2WD models only)

Drivetrain Configurations:
  • Available in either Two-Wheel-Drive or All-Wheel-Drive configurations.
  • All-wheel-drive models feature Honda's Real Time AWD with Intelligent Control System for outstanding all-weather traction and control.

Driving efficiency, handling performance and cabin quietness are further aided by an aerodynamic shape and a lightweight yet rigid body structure with significant noise-insulating materials and design features.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All of this info was revealed at the LA Auto Show. They announced only one engine. The speculation is over.
To make matters worse, he's the guy with the most amount of posts here, or one of...264 posts. :|

TrueNorth

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)

·
Registered
59 Posts
you'll be needing the optional plug in hamster...

My own take is that the engine might very well be perfect for me as long as it delivers the years-ago intended 40 mpgs. Having driven a series of clunkers for a long time anything new would be a step up. On my last trip I rented a Kia Rio sedan, which I see is also 138 HP. In Eco mode the thing drove very nicely for me and not being a speed freak I was greatly impressed with what it delievered. If the HRV can be just as good if not a better riding experience I'll have zero to complain about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts