Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone. I'm new on this forum and I'd like to put a new topic. Does someone have Installed an oil catch can in to hrv? I can't find on the market a compatible kit for hrv or at least compatible for the engine 1.8 Sohc i-vtec. I know the hr v share the same engine with the past years Honda civic. the engine is a port injection and shouldn't need it but in the long term I believe I can have good benefits.

Thanks Enrico from Ontario

·
Super Moderator
1,577 Posts
Why? The purpose of the catch can is to reduce carbon build-up in DI engine. Because fuel detergent never touch the back of the intake valves. Whatever benefits if any will not be noticeable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Older naturally-aspirated engines might not require it but if you want to keep the intake manifold cleaner, as much as possible , it is a great piece to install on any engine since there is virtually no downside. The vapour from the crankcase will come out anyway regardless if the engine is gdi or not. I had always deal in the past with cleaning PVC system regardless if wasn't gdi engine.

·
Super Moderator
1,577 Posts
I'm not aware of any none DI Honda engine with that issue. It is a catch can. If you really want one. You can probably use any with the right fittings.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I had an unused system that i was going to put on my R18 civic- but sold that car before hand
- i have all the stuff i need to do the same for my HRV- except a place to mount it, and the desire to do so. I am not sure this will make a difference on this engine, so this all the parts are in a box still.
It pretty standard and straight forward- if you do so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts