Honda HR-V Forum banner

161 - 163 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
After reading about all the CVT issues, I'm more concerned that the tranny will fail before the engine.
I change the oil once a year (about 5,000 miles) using Mobil 1.
Going forward, I will change the CVT fluid with every other oil change. Already did one change at 18,000.
I have 28,000 miles on my 2016 LX and it runs great but I'm thinking of getting rid of it after 50,000 miles because of the CVT concerns (unless Honda does a recall). I usually keep my Hondas to over 150,000 miles.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Use Amsoil in the CVT and the engine, as I believe so much better then Mobil ! and OEM and for that matter better then anything out there. First time changing to the Amsoil in the CVT, I would change twice as then you know all Amsoil and the oil is for sure all clean and all Amsoil lube and the 2 changes will insure it.
The way I will do it when time to do the trans on the wife's 2016 AWD. Just my way and each their own.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Do you all change the engine oil and not the filter. Do you only change 1/2 of the engine oil and not all of it, leaving in the old filter too.
I believe the Awd and front wheel drives are the same here in Canada, the USA and everywhere else. Pay a little now or a lot later.

161 - 163 of 163 Posts