Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just adding some lower color , to match the upcoming G2 red paint on the calipers:

Will prob round the side ends soon.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Oh wow, that's vinyl tape? Nice work!

I was gonna ask on your other thread if it was plasti-dipped trim (http://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08F24-T7S-100A.html), but it looked too small... Did you do anything on the rear bumper?
tape runs around the whole exterior. (ignore the si badge, was to trick a friend) the key to striping is keep it Subtle, you can go over the edge and become boy racer very easily....LOL....

·
Registered
2 Posts
That looks amazing! Did you ever do more? I’m looking at doing this as well but with orange instead of red.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, in my opinion too much tape looks like crap and it’s too gaudy… A single contrasting Swab of color is all I wanted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
See, my gf and I both have HRV’s and unfortunately, even the same color. It’s bothering me so bad lol. I just need to change it up a bit. I was previously considering wrapping ALL the trim in orange until I saw your post. I like it. Although, also considering making the rims orange as well as side mirrors.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You start wrapping too many things on a car and it becomes very apparent that it’s an aftermarket job and you did it after buying the car. I wanted something that looked OEM, like the lower civic r type striping. With the Just a single stripe of oracal/3m, keeping it down low so it is not in everybody’s face, it looks like paint, which is what I wanted.

Reactions: CarspinR
1 - 7 of 7 Posts