Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When we took delivery last week of my wife's new HRV, my friend the dealer salesman mentioned to me that the full set of hard copy owner booklets ( Manual,Guide,WarrantyInfo) is not provided with the car.
Only the Guide was in my case.
To get all the booklets free, you must register on the www.owners.honda.com website with the VIN of the car.
With that the site says you're entitled to all the printed documents free within 6 months of receipt of car otherwise the package of booklets costs over $140 USD.
Thought I'd give the community of new HRV drivers a heads up, register on the site & order the documents as soon as you get the car.
Also can't believe Honda is nickel & diming like this.

·
Administrator
1,904 Posts
I prefer the PDF version, easier to search.

Just put the owners manual in your Dropbox or similar service. One can access it anyway.

I guess bookmarking the url from Honda's Web site works just as good too.

·
Registered
454 Posts
When we took delivery last week of my wife's new HRV, my friend the dealer salesman mentioned to me that the full set of hard copy owner booklets ( Manual,Guide,WarrantyInfo) is not provided with the car.
To get all the booklets free, you must register on the www.owners.honda.com website with the VIN of the car.
With that the site says you're entitled to all the printed documents free within 6 months of receipt of car otherwise the package of booklets costs over $140 USD.
Thought I'd give the community of new HRV drivers a heads up, register on the site & order the documents as soon as you get the car.
Thanks for the heads up....

But, I don't think Honda is "nickel & diming" us at all.......this is the way the world has been going for decades, eliminating paper documents and going to all e-copy.
I think enclosing a CD with the full owners manual version is nice and preferred over the bulky paper copy.
They could of went one step further and put it on a flash drive.......CD's are pretty dated now days.

If they are making a paper copy available for free, I'm not sure there is any reason to complain IMHO.

A printed Owner's Manual, Navigation Manual, and Warranty Booklet are complimentary to the first registered owner, up to six months after vehicle purchase. These manuals require a valid VIN and mailing address. Order now.
To purchase printed manuals, you can order online or contact:
Helm Incorporated
(800) 782-4356
M-F 8AM – 6PM EST

Delivery time is approximately five weeks. To save paper and time, you can download the latest manuals now.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Great Find! I just ordered mine. If for no other reason, I think those will be great to have when its time to sell the car.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I think enclosing a CD with the full owners manual version is nice and preferred over the bulky paper copy.
They could of went one step further and put it on a flash drive.......CD's are pretty dated now days.
I agree that it should be a flash drive. Much easier to work with.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Ordered a FREE set for my wife's HRV & my HRV......Just got them both today.
The full owners manual is pretty chunky at over 470 pages.

Nice to have a copy in the vehicle just in case........since it's FREE, why not? :laugh:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Ordered a FREE set for my wife's HRV & my HRV......Just got them both today.
The full owners manual is pretty chunky at over 470 pages.

Nice to have a copy in the vehicle just in case........since it's FREE, why not? :laugh:
Some people prefer the electronic version, but it's really to each their own.

I downloaded them in a dropbox, and search/browse them on an ipad.

The main advantages to the electronic copy are:
- You can always have the current version. The Owners guide that came with the car is already outdated, a newer version is online.
- They don't take up space to store
- They are accessible in the cloud, which is just about anywhere these days.

The paper copy has advantages to, it's just whats most convenient to you.
I work in the Tech industry, so I'm used to manuals getting outdated, and being long. So i find electronic best.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Some people prefer the electronic version, but it's really to each their own.

I downloaded them in a dropbox, and search/browse them on an ipad.

The main advantages to the electronic copy are:
- You can always have the current version. The Owners guide that came with the car is already outdated, a newer version is online.
- They don't take up space to store
- They are accessible in the cloud, which is just about anywhere these days.

The paper copy has advantages to, it's just whats most convenient to you.
I work in the Tech industry, so I'm used to manuals getting outdated, and being long. So i find electronic best.
I hear ya on the E-copy....
That's what I use most also.....but there is just something about a hard copy that is nice also.
I'll page through it and read some of the sections then place it in the spare tire area just in case I need some information when away from home.
Just not real easy to read on a cell phone...

The price was right.

Reactions: ddemetra

·
Registered
127 Posts
Regestered on the website but could not find info on ordering a free copy of the owners manual. can someone tell me what section it is located? I have a PDF version on my computer but want a printed one to keep in the car.

Thanks!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Regestered on the website but could not find info on ordering a free copy of the owners manual. can someone tell me what section it is located? I have a PDF version on my computer but want a printed one to keep in the car.

Thanks!
http://owners.honda.com

Vehicle information tab
Model information
Manuals & warranties
Order now link (half way down page)

A printed Owner's Manual, Navigation Manual, and Warranty Booklet are complimentary to the first registered owner, up to six months after vehicle purchase. These manuals require a valid VIN and mailing address.
Order now.

Reactions: Nancy

·
Registered
127 Posts
http://owners.honda.com

Vehicle information tab
Model information
Manuals & warranties
Order now link (half way down page)

A printed Owner's Manual, Navigation Manual, and Warranty Booklet are complimentary to the first registered owner, up to six months after vehicle purchase. These manuals require a valid VIN and mailing address.
Order now.

Thank you!!!!!!!!
I am not that computer savy and must have missed it, or maybe I did not have my glasses on.:nerd:

Just ordered it, I am a bit old school, (52 yrs. old), and like to thumb through printed manuals, catalogs, and books. For me, it's easier to find info than in the pdf version.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts