Honda HR-V Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Just saw this post and ordered the owners book for the 2021 honda hrv...I did not know that the book you get at the dealer when you purchase you new car is not the FULL book but an abridged version.. Thanks for posting this

·
Registered
237 Posts
I got my FULL version of the 2021 Honda HRV owners book in the mail today. I had no idea that the book you get with your hrv is not the full owners book. You have to request it from Honda. If you go and log into the Honda Owners site it will show you how to get it from Helm inc. The book is like three times thicker then the book you get when you purchase your HRV and is much much more detailed. You have 6 months from purchase to get it for free after that it will cost you around 60.00 dollars to get...It is worth getting it esp. for free...

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
751 Posts
A lot of manufacturers are moving onto electronic copies of service books and manuals only for 'environmental reasons'; not everyone wants one, they are easier and cheaper to update, they are available to download for free online. Others more cynical would say it is a money making/saving ploy, however, if Honda are giving owners the opportunity to get one free, then good on them.

I keep my physical manual in a folder in the filing cabinet next to my desk. After initially reading it when I first got the vehicle I now tend to use the downloaded copy I have attached to my desktop. Very occasionally I refer to the copy I have downloaded onto my mobile if I'm actually doing something on the car. It was the same with my previous vehicle, as the actual physical manual did not have any information about the engine installed in my vehicle, even with the numerous addendums subsequently inserted into it after it was manufactured. That's VW for you.

If HUS has adopted an electronic service booklet, you should still be able to get access to it and request they print a copy of, even if they are not your local dealer. It was only when filing down and updating my own excel service record for my previous vehicle I discovered I had only been given the initial cover sheet for several services. I contacted my local dealership and they printed off the entire service checklist and Vehicle Health Checks that were missing and I collected it the next time I was passing.

·
Registered
2019 and 2020 HR-V EXs
290 Posts
In the USA, you can download a free PDF of the full Owners Manual for free, on the Honda OwnerLink. No time limit.

Handy to have on a smartphone, and the PDF is searchable.

EDIT: I see that the OwnerLink has useful videos about some of the features, like the abbreviated safety systems... Cool!

Reactions: rszappa1

·
Registered
237 Posts
In the USA, you can download a free PDF of the full Owners Manual for free, on the Honda OwnerLink. No time limit.

Handy to have on a smartphone, and the PDF is searchable.

That is great and I knew that but I still like a book in my hands to read...:)

·
Registered
2019 and 2020 HR-V EXs
290 Posts
Just joking,

but carrying the weight of that paper book in the car will reduce your MPG. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: John35g
41 - 49 of 49 Posts