Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to another dealership tonight and sort of pulled the trigger on an LX ...I put a REFUNDABLE deposit on one they will try and bring in whether from another dealership or Celaya .....problem is we were hurried at closing time and didn't do a line by line contract ....2WD CVT LX plus delivery with taxes - out the door sans financing charges 22,581.17 ..minus my local taxes this would leave 1,082 dollars in various dealer fees, transfers etc....Can you recent purchasers look at your sales contracts and tell me what all your various fees totaled . Its been a looong time since I purchased a brand new car but this seems high to me .

·
Registered
805 Posts
I went to another dealership tonight and sort of pulled the trigger on an LX ...I put a REFUNDABLE deposit on one they will try and bring in whether from another dealership or Celaya .....problem is we were hurried at closing time and didn't do a line by line contract ....2WD CVT LX plus delivery with taxes - out the door sans financing charges 22,581.17 ..minus my local taxes this would leave 1,082 dollars in various dealer fees, transfers etc....Can you recent purchasers look at your sales contracts and tell me what all your various fees totaled . Its been a looong time since I purchased a brand new car but this seems high to me .
"The sale price for the 2016 HR-V AWD EX is $24,095. Documentation is $299. State sales tax is $1,341.67. Title fee is $34.00. Maine state inspection $12.50 and finally Maine State Arbitration fee is $1. That's it. No other charges or fees. This would make your "out the door" price only $25,783.17. Would this work for you?"

·
Registered
58 Posts
My closest dealer in SoCal added $2,000 in add-ons. Undercoating and cosmetic trim accents. It was presented to me as an aside under the breath that it's standard procedure so what can ya do? I asked if I can buy a car without these small favors. He said "not now". As in never.

I need to make a better effort at finding salespeople who don't look dumb, desperate, and lacking in ethics.

At the dealership I said I was taking a three hour walk for exercise and someone chimed in "That's why you need a car!" The human and negotiating elements of car buying a car have no appeal to me. It's a contest, a con, and a nasty set of interactions.

·
Registered
371 Posts
My closest dealer in SoCal added $2,000 in add-ons. Undercoating and cosmetic trim accents. It was presented to me as an aside under the breath that it's standard procedure so what can ya do? I asked if I can buy a car without these small favors. He said "not now". As in never.

I need to make a better effort at finding salespeople who don't look dumb, desperate, and lacking in ethics.

At the dealership I said I was taking a three hour walk for exercise and someone chimed in "That's why you need a car!" The human and negotiating elements of car buying a car have no appeal to me. It's a contest, a con, and a nasty set of interactions.
If your 3 hour walk gets you to the next Honda dealership it would be time well spent.

·
Registered
142 Posts

The only fees I had were Doc fee's ($250), Destination charge ($880), DMV ($33) and of course taxes. I did add some accessories so there was a charge for those, but I choose to add them, not the dealer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Cardinal Honda, here in Groton, CT has two AWD HRV's in stock...

A silver EX and a dark grey EX-L...

The sticker on the EX was $ 24K and some change, then the dealer added all weather floor mats, widow visors, door edge "film", wheel locks and a bunch of other "CRAP", the OTD price was $ 26,4K!!

The EX-L was very nice, had black leather interior, they added a bunch of "CRAP" to this one, too (even one of these plastic wind deflectors on the front of the hood for bugs), sending the OTD sticker to $28K !!

The only rational excuse I can imagine is, they want to keep them around their lot until they build their inventory up, at those prices a new CRV is a better deal...

Cardinal Honda won't be gettign any of my money...

·
Registered
805 Posts
Cardinal Honda, here in Groton, CT has two AWD HRV's in stock...

A silver EX and a dark grey EX-L...

The sticker on the EX was $ 24K and some change, then the dealer added all weather floor mats, widow visors, door edge "film", wheel locks and a bunch of other "CRAP", the OTD price was $ 26,4K!!

The EX-L was very nice, had black leather interior, they added a bunch of "CRAP" to this one, too (even one of these plastic wind deflectors on the front of the hood for bugs), sending the OTD sticker to $28K !!

The only rational excuse I can imagine is, they want to keep them around their lot until they build their inventory up, at those prices a new CRV is a better deal...

Cardinal Honda won't be gettign any of my money...
Simple! Here's what we do. Fill a plastic grocery bag with cr....

Take it into the showroom, wrap the bag around an outside mirror.

Then step back and ask the salesperson, "OK! Here you go! Now how much more are you gonna' charge for THAT load of CRAP?"

>:D

·
Registered
332 Posts
The two dealers I have been to have nothing added on, other than mud flaps. They also are not detailing them until sold, and they are selling within a day or two. They had one prepped in the showroom last Friday, and I was back in there this Wednesday, no more HR-V in the showroom, just an empty area. Maybe that is why they are selling so fast there, they are not adding a lot of crap and trying to gouge people.

·
Registered
751 Posts
The human and negotiating elements of car buying a car have no appeal to me. It's a contest, a con, and a nasty set of interactions.
I feel the same way... not my cup of tea, so I just refuse to play. I will know going in exactly what I want to pay out the door, I'll be completely honest with the sales person, and not get pulled into any debates or games. If they come up with something I haven't actually thought of, I'll thank them and take it away to consider on my own.

I'll know pretty quickly whether they're prepared to be civil and deal on my terms, if not I'll walk. If they accept my offer right away with a big grin, I won't waste time wishing I'd talked them down... easy transaction for all, at a price I'm willing to pay = their lucky day, and mine. Maybe I'll pay a bit more than the hardballers who actually enjoy the game, but I'm okay with that.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Total of what I paid for my LX 2WD CVT was $22,839.75, as broken down:

20,795 MSRP (includes 880 destination)
80 documentation
29 electronic filing
1935.75 CA government fees (tax, license, title, registration)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Same model as Leon above, different deal on car that is due in to dealer this week:

Selling price (invoice) $20,253 (incl. destination charge)
License $234
Doc. $80
Tire Fee $8.75
DMV ET $20.50
Sales tax at %8.75, $1,779.14
Total = $22,375.39 out-the-door

G

·
White EX-L 2WD: $25,470
Tax and reg: 2,073 (I'm in Calif.)
Other state fees: 275.75
Total: 27,898.75

Note that the initial quote from the dealer included a $2800 premium. When I laughed and told them it was an absolute non-starter, they never raised the concept again. I paid sticker plus all mandatory taxes/fees, nothing else and got a few extra hundred on my trade-in that I'm considering a discount to the MSRP of the new car.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am paying $31, 989.63 in Maryland for HR-V EX-L AWD with Navigation and with all the accessories listed below. The salesman forgot to add the documentation fee when he gave me the OUT-THE-DOOR Price :) and said he will have to deal with that himself. I will get my HR-V this week. Here's the breakdown on OUT THE DOOR price.

HR-V EX-L AWD with Navigation Dealer (Accessories with Installation)
Internet Price $25,618.00
Destination & Handling $880.00
Certified MSRP Dealer Discount - $100

Accessories
17" Machine finish alloy wheels $1,474.80
door edge guards $122.88
splash guard set(front & rear) $161.88
lower trim front $328.38
lower trim rear $369.18
moonroof visor $187.26
grill sport $360.78
interior illumination $201.90
remote engine start system 11 $611.58
Wheel Locks (as a complementary by dealer) $0
Sub Total $30,216.64
Maryland State Tax (6%) $1,812.99
Dealer processing fee, tax and tags $ -299.00
2yr new MD tags with no lien recorded( no financing). $259.00

OUT THE DOOR COST $31989.63

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bought one last Saturday. Drove from Oklahoma to pick it up at Honda of Lincoln, NE.

Misty Green Pearl, EX-AWD

Price: $24,095 (including destination fee)

Add ons: Mud flaps and nitrogen for tires - no fee, they are all free. (I observed that all their HRVs are equipped with mudflaps when we arrived at the dealership)

Out the door price from the dealer is basically the MSRP + destination fee.

Oklahoma excise tax for new cars is 3.25%.

Grand total: $24,878.08

·
Registered
484 Posts
I am paying $31, 989.63 in Maryland for HR-V EX-L AWD with Navigation and with all the accessories listed below. The salesman forgot to add the documentation fee when he gave me the OUT-THE-DOOR Price :) and said he will have to deal with that himself. I will get my HR-V this week. Here's the breakdown on OUT THE DOOR price.

HR-V EX-L AWD with Navigation Dealer (Accessories with Installation)
Internet Price $25,618.00
Destination & Handling $880.00
Certified MSRP Dealer Discount - $100

Accessories
17" Machine finish alloy wheels $1,474.80
door edge guards $122.88
splash guard set(front & rear) $161.88
lower trim front $328.38
lower trim rear $369.18
moonroof visor $187.26
grill sport $360.78
interior illumination $201.90
remote engine start system 11 $611.58
Wheel Locks (as a complementary by dealer) $0
Sub Total $30,216.64
Maryland State Tax (6%) $1,812.99
Dealer processing fee, tax and tags $ -299.00
2yr new MD tags with no lien recorded( no financing). $259.00

OUT THE DOOR COST $31989.63

I would wager they 'forgot' because they were making such a killing on all the accessories.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This dealer was the cheapest of all. Other dealers with the same accessories were showing $34xxx. I checked the price of 6 Honda dealers and this was the cheapest. I think with Honda price on the website for these accessories, they charged me $500-$600 on labor cost for installation.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts