Honda HR-V Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Uh...

First, you say that much of the NE only stocks AWD...

Then you say, you could’ve gone with either FWD or AWD...

You finally say that you could only get AWD via special order....?

From having only AWD as a choice, to having either as a choice, to NOT having AWD as a choice?
wow. this is what happens when I post before coffee!! terribly written: (fixed now.) Might have gone with either. Had only AWD available here. FWD via special order. Anyway, I got a great deal on model year close out. '19 AWD. Love it. Thanks for the check on terrible composition!

btw, i am around 28 now,
almost 3000 miles
%70 highway, %30city
I'd say that is still low. I'm about your same balance of highway and city, with AWD and I average 31mpg, and that is at a mile high (Denver). Even highway driving can vary depending on if you are going uphill or down, heavy acceleration, or heading into headwinds. Going to work I go somewhat downhill and my mileage is 2-3mpg better than my return trip home.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Hello again guys,

after i did my first oil change around 4000 (it was %20), i reached 37MPG in highway and a/c on, eco mode on, I could get 30mpg barely before at the same way (a/c was off)

Hello guys,

I have 2019 HR-V EX-L AWD and first, my service told me that you will have better mpg once you reach 1000. It didn't work. then told me that around 2000miles and didn't work again. Now, they say once you change the oil. however I have %50 oil change and if I look at the forum, you guys have a great mpg.
If I use it in ECO mode on-off, it doesn't bother so much. I always use below 2500rpm, I never accelerate fastly. (The car also is not a sporty car as you know)
I just reset before the highway and if drive around 50 miles/h, I can barely reach 29mpg. In the city, ( it means, i live in a suburb and no rush traffic, no stop, it is just going a supermarket), I have around 20mpg which is crazy.

Do I need to do engine-break?
Or are those rates normal?

Thank you
I'm less than a week into owning my HR-V and I can tell you for sure that you can't rely on the computer's numbers especially in stop and go traffic. I noticed after resetting that it was decreasing my average while stopped at a light, brake hold on and idling at 600 rpm. There is no way that you are using more fuel than, then when you're driving at 70 mph.

There is no way that you are using more fuel than, then when you're driving at 70 mph.
Well, when you are stopped, you are using fuel GALLONS but not traveling any MILES.

So, your MPG display (Miles Per Gallon) drops. Makes sense?

When you are actually moving, the highest gear ratio with the least wind resistance determines highest MPG.

Reactions: Dammit
The gauge is reading the total fuel used, over the distance. It is not an instantaneous rating, but rather a cumulative rating. So while you sit at that stop light you are using fuel, but your distance has not changed. Miles per gallon. The miles aren't changing, the gallons are.

I keep pretty meticulous records with an app called Fuel Monitor and I'm getting 31.9MPG on a 2018 EX AWD with 52.5K miles. I live in flat, hot Florida. I took a couple of winter trips to Arkansas and my mileage dropped considerably. Around 26MPG. When I changed my CVT fluid at 25K miles it was way over filled from the factory and my mileage got better. I was averaging 29ish at that time. An average tank now is 34-35MPG.

Hello guys,

I have 2019 HR-V EX-L AWD and first, my service told me that you will have better mpg once you reach 1000. It didn't work. then told me that around 2000miles and didn't work again. Now, they say once you change the oil. however I have %50 oil change and if I look at the forum, you guys have a great mpg.
If I use it in ECO mode on-off, it doesn't bother so much. I always use below 2500rpm, I never accelerate fastly. (The car also is not a sporty car as you know)
I just reset before the highway and if drive around 50 miles/h, I can barely reach 29mpg. In the city, ( it means, i live in a suburb and no rush traffic, no stop, it is just going a supermarket), I have around 20mpg which is crazy.

Do I need to do engine-break?
Or are those rates normal?

Thank you
That seems extremely low. I just bought a 2021 HR-V EX and on first tank city/highway combined got 31.1 mpg and on second tank yielded 34.5 mpg for a couple hundred that was equally split between city and the South Carolina mountains. This was using Econ mode which has plenty of pep for me. I’d take it to the dealer and see if something is out of adjustment.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
That seems extremely low. I just bought a 2021 HR-V EX and on first tank city/highway combined got 31.1 mpg and on second tank yielded 34.5 mpg for a couple hundred that was equally split between city and the South Carolina mountains. This was using Econ mode which has plenty of pep for me. I’d take it to the dealer and see if something is out of adjustment.
It is impressive MPG,after 1st oil change, I am getting around 29-30 city/highway, and I saw 39 in highway (max)
Do u have AWD?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.