Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 EX with 56k miles. I recently started to notice that as soon as I shut the car down the parking brake makes a quick whirl sound like it’s engaging. This is even after I set the parking brake myself. It sounds quicker and louder than the normal engagement sound.

·
Registered
2021 Honda HR-V Vti-S CVT 2WD Passion Red
209 Posts
I use my parking brake often, it's normal.
Same here, I always use my park brake before moving the gear lever to Park.
I have always done this with automatic cars, as a means to prevent gearbox lock up if after moving to Park and releasing the foot brake, the car rolls back slightly.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'll have to check mine, I have the same model and year. I don't remember hearing it; but to be fair I have the radio on all the time.
I took some notes of the sounds I hear when the car is turning off.

When I turn the car off, there is a mechanical noise behind the dash area. Then when I engage the parking brake it makes its own noise.

Then when I get out of the car I make a grunting sound as I am old. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
People, people, people!!! Don't post your age, or other sensitive personal information (SPI) in any public forum. Scammers mine this data and then are able to link it to other places where you've put data in order to impersonate you and gain access to your really critical data (like your bank account).

·
Registered
112 Posts
64 here, although it's my lady love's daily driver, she'll be hitting 60 in a couple months.....my daily driver is a bit easier for me to get into ('15 Fit .....am a couple inches shorter than her and still have residual pain from bilateral hip replacements). I really do love the HRV a lot more than I expected to

·
Registered
185 Posts
I’ve made it a habit to engage the parking brake before taking my foot off the brake and shutting off my ‘16 EX every time to prevent lockup per my mechanic’s advice, never any dash or brake noises. 🤷🏼‍♀️ And I’m too old to admit my age…still love my HR-V.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts