Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll I am new to the forum and I have just a general quick question. I am looking for a condenser clip for my HRV ... I struck a deer and the sucker snapped my bracket. I for the life of me cannot find a part number and don't want to resort to purchasing a new condenser for a simple black clip. Any ideas // information where I could just find the bracket. It's for the lower driver side. I've attached a photo to make more sense of the situation. Thanks all! :)

All the Best,

Christopher

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
414 Posts
You should mention what year your HR-V is, in the off chance there's a difference in the model years (like how the face lift has a different front bumper and grille from the pre-face lift). Especially if its your first post.

That said, it looks like in this case, it's the same pre & post face lift... in that, the bracket is sold as part of the condenser. Some of the condensers for other models or aftermarket ones for the HR-V are showing up in google as welded parts of the condenser instead of plastic brackets.

You could try going to a junkyard to see if there are any HR-Vs that you could pull a part from.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should mention what year your HR-V is, in the off chance there's a difference in the model years (like how the face lift has a different front bumper and grille from the pre-face lift). Especially if its your first post.

That said, it looks like in this case, it's the same pre & post face lift... in that, the bracket is sold as part of the condenser. Some of the condensers for other models or aftermarket ones for the HR-V are showing up in google as welded parts of the condenser instead of plastic brackets.

You could try going to a junkyard to see if there are any HR-Vs that you could pull a part from.
yeah, you’re right it’s a 2018 EX. Should have specified since they got their mid model refresh in 19’ .. just sucks id have to buy an entire condenser for the small part lol

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Junkyard salvage will be super cheap, should be available too

Could you just epoxy or jb weld it in place on that corner? Haven't really looked at how it mounts, but I would think it's not a super visible spot that you could get away with that

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V LX CVT AWD. Crystal Black Perl with many many mods!
92 Posts
Junkyard salvage will be super cheap, should be available too

Could you just epoxy or jb weld it in place on that corner? Haven't really looked at how it mounts, but I would think it's not a super visible spot that you could get away with that

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I agree with you this appears to come pre-installed on the condenser unit from Honda and the whole unit appears to be listed on several websites for under $100 bucks however you may choose to just fix or modify this since it should not really effect anything if it uses some zip ties or JB weld or other bushcraft technology to fix it since you would likely need to purge the whole AC system if you replaced this part with an entirely new radiator.

I recommend the junk yard rout Phalkon30 suggested.

·
Registered
132 Posts
You would not want to 'purge' the system yourself. The refrigerant must be Captured by someone with an EPA license, and proper equip. to do so. Last time I checked, the fine for intentional release of freon to atmosphere was like $30K. Just info. for everyone - yet, Morons just 'Let 'er blow' all the time.
Don't get me started on India and China and their nasty environmental habits. I did HVAC for fifteen? years, and was trained and properly licensed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts