Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had someone hit the mirror on the passenger side on the bottom portion of the plastic. It pushed in on the bottom and cracked the inside of the top portion of plastic next to the mirror itself.
anyone know of a good way to fill the gap left by the missing piece? I didn’t think to look for it where it happened (if it happened where I found it). Seems like a design flaw if pushing in on the bottom piece of plastic would crack the inside of the mirror.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

It looks like it was hit from the outside and pressed the top half of the mirror housing inwards, cracking the plastic

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Black or clear silicone could fill that.

First I've heard of that happening, may have been some weird internal stress on yours and you got unlucky. Of its still attached well I'd just patch it and move on personally

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
645 Posts
Unless you can get a cheap replacement from a scrappy (breakers) I would go with the above suggestion. Just ensure you are not covering wires for the mirror electrics or indicators, if fitted.

I would not categorise how the wing mirror reacted as a 'design flaw', although they are designed to take a fair bit of punishment they are not designed to get twatted by an incompetent numpty who is either totally unaware they have even hit your vehicle, or are so used to doing it, they don't care.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The mirror is designed to "swing away" if it was hit from behind but to a limit, it will break. You did not mention what trim level you have, the EX and up have the lane watch camera so will be a different housing . The hole will not cause much of a problem with the motor that drives the mirror and should not affect the camera below. As others have stated if you can find one at a salvage yard, best way to go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts