2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it starts tomorrow. :)

Let's have a contest....

Which car will be at the show......

A. The Detroit car (Modern Steel)

B. The LA car (Blue)

C. An HR-V that hasn't been seen yet.

Bonus question....Locked or unlocked for the general public?

The winner of the contests gets.....

Absolutely nothing!

p.s. Can you tell I am bored waiting for some new information to come out? :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Whole heartidly agree. Why does Honda insist on dragging the release of any news out. Release it now and get some buzz circulating

·
Registered
807 Posts
It'll be a Milano Red, AWD, EX-L ...

Wide open ... keys in it!

Start it up ... tell us how it idles, OK?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think it will be open and different color...... My guess which has been said in the forum before is a big commercial for the super bowl and then more info like price during the Chicago show

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think it will be locked because they're still taking pre proddys around, can't have consumers making purchase decisions with a sloppy proto...

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think it will be open and different color...... My guess which has been said in the forum before is a big commercial for the super bowl and then more info like price during the Chicago show

That would be an interesting way to introduce it for sale. But I see them putting a "starting at price" at the end of the commercial perhaps.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I just googled "Super Bowl" and Honda and the only results were for 2014 (Bruce Willis Commercial) and 2012 (Ferris Bueller commercial), so it does not seem there will be a Honda commercial this year. If there was a commercial planned for this year, something would have leaked out by now.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think it will be locked because they're still taking pre proddys around, can't have consumers making purchase decisions with a sloppy proto...

But they did let the press rummage over both cars. Do you think they would overlook something half ready for prime time?

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I just googled "Super Bowl" and Honda and the only results were for 2014 (Bruce Willis Commercial) and 2012 (Ferris Bueller commercial), so it does not seem there will be a Honda commercial this year. If there was a commercial planned for this year, something would have leaked out by now.

I was thinking the same thing. Super Bowl ads are usually discussed quite a bit ahead of time in the media. I have heard nothing.

I see Mercedes and Kia will have Super Bowl ads.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Here is a picture of an overview of the Philly Show. Toward the upper left and just left of the yellow Fit, it looks like an HR-V with the hatch open. Really hard to tell from this picture, but it looks like the Modern Steel Detroit Car.

(Actually, as fuzzy as this picture is, it might be the CR-V in that spot. The bumper trim looks like a CR-V)

Also the photo was taken Friday, the day before the opening so it doesn't mean it will be unlocked for the public. I hope it is for those lucky enough to attend.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Yeah,,,,,I think you are right,,,,the more I look at it , the more it looks like a CRV.

This could even be a stock photo from last year.

I will probably have to wait a couple of days for some pictures to come out on the net.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm not sure I agree that the car with the open hatch isa CR-V. There is another car with just the rear end in the picture all thr way on theright edge of the photo that I think is.a CR-V. The car next to the fit looks smaller so probably the HR-V

·
Registered
80 Posts
It looks dark red.

When I zoom in on the picture on my iPad the car appears to be dark red.
Not real clear at that resolution though.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts