Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
How long do you think that will last on the front like that -lots of tiny impacts with dust sand rocks etc on the front like that, no ?

·
Registered
161 Posts
How long do you think that will last on the front like that -lots of tiny impacts with dust sand rocks etc on the front like that, no ?
In my experience, it's pretty resilient to damage from bugs and rocks. A bigger issue was keeping it clean from dust. It has a bit of a rubbery texture so it tends to let fine dust cling on. It depends on how its applied though. In order to get a smooth texture, I spray Plasti-dip heavy enough that it almost runs. I suppose a side-effect of that are the durability and the dust that I mentioned. Spraying heavy coats also makes it peel off a lot easier. Thin coats don't tend to bond to each other, so peeling it off is a frustrating and time-consuming experience because it'll peel off in tiny strips.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
290 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I sprayed the two stupid red plastic non-reflectors/non lights going up the sides of the hatch pf our car who shall not be mentioned, the precursor to the HRV here in the US, has held up for several years, but, of course , the rear doesn't see rocks and grit and stuff like the front would be subjected to ... great product for my purpose ... if they were reflectors or lights . might;ve left them alone .... looked hideous on my black car sticking out like a sore thumb.. Cheap rattle can with several coats over an afternoon., looks like it could've been stock......guess Honda wanted it to look CRV-ish, dunno....but not for me. T stupid red plastic pieces came off easy, put 'em in a box a sprayed several times over an afternoon....am pleased with the product

·
Registered
80 Posts
Or just remove it :) My wife's HRV came with stupid metal dealer ad tag, but the frame was plain black plastic....put my old Yin Yang plate in there, it's kind of fuzzy/smeary looking, not super black and white - looks good on her white car with the black trim up front, she likes it. Had it on our other car, all black, but it didn't look as good as it does on hers, took that plate holder off my car, only mounted with 2 screws, and you'd really have to be looking to see the screw holes. Works for us

·
Registered
2021 Honda HRV
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure ? 1st time trying it. If it doesn't work I'm only out $6. I will update when I notice holes.

·
Registered
2021 Honda HRV
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I seen this on Aliexpress recently. I have no experience with Plasti Dip and although it does look good, it look flat/dull and I prefer gloss like the same color as the Sports trim paint.

Thanks for sharing the link. Have you purchased anything from there yet? Some nice looking accessories I'd like to get.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
🤮 Denver Donkeys
OK, now both the Oakland, Los Angeles, Oakland, Las Vegas Raiders and Denver Broncos have won 3 Superbowls. But, it seems like the last time the Raiders won was 40 years ago, vs. 5 for the Broncos. Do the Raiders still play football? :unsure:

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I’ll go with the no names WFT who won three SBs with 3 different QBs (all good, not great).

Joe Gibbs never had the luxury of Elway, Montana, Aikman, Brady, Manning, Mahomes.

This is a NFL forum, correct? 😏

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
290 Posts
Thanks for sharing the link. Have you purchased anything from there yet? Some nice looking accessories I'd like to get.
That seller, no. Aliexpress, yes, a lot and all with good outcome. If you don't trust Aliexpress (China) then you can usually find the same product(s) on Amazon or eBay but it's always more expensive; sometimes a lot more expensive.

·
Registered
65 Posts
For me in Malaysia, typically Lazada or Shopee are cheaper even though the products are shipped from China too. AliExpress is my third choice if Lazada/Shopee does not have the product.

I very seldom buy from ebay as shipping and price is even more expensive.

:coffee:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts