Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started a week or so ago... Thought a rock hit my windshield, it is a very similar noise. This noise happens maybe once while driving to or from work (sometimes not but so far never more than once). I know it's not a rock hitting the car now because it has happened without any other cars around. Sounds like maybe it's coming from behind the dash on the passenger side.

Anyone else experience this/know what it is?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Started a week or so ago... Thought a rock hit my windshield, it is a very similar noise. This noise happens maybe once while driving to or from work (sometimes not but so far never more than once). I know it's not a rock hitting the car now because it has happened without any other cars around. Sounds like maybe it's coming from behind the dash on the passenger side.

Anyone else experience this/know what it is?

I think I know what you're talking about. I heard this on a test drive and then maybe twice with my HRV (two different vehicles). It sounds like a large rock towards the center of the engine compartment. I don't know what it is. What I do know is that I am sure it is not, in fact, a rock.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem with my new HRV 2015 build VTI which has just 1000km on it The noise popping / rattlie is comming in the dash were the clip is or around the windscreen. It seems to dissappear after prolonged driving . I cannot pin point this it is starting to upset me, just wondering if it is heat related on the dash I'm worried if i let the dealership and they pull out the dash it may cause more issues for me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I heard a loud noise a couple of times before discovering the access panel on the left side of the dash was warped and glue was visible which was only visible when the driver door was open. Tech replaced the panel and it too warped. Took the car in a second time after the tech researched and determined a clip had broke inside of the dash. I believe the damage may have occurred when they installed the OEM remote starter. No issue since the last service.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have a 2018 hrv with a ticking sound under dash ive looked at actually honda dealership forums and found nothing except loose bolts under hood but they arent loose. im taking apart the dash now but would like to avoid it. its only when driving and customer states that when she has more people in the car everyone heres it in different places. i heard it at the passenger side dash

1 - 6 of 6 Posts