Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just noticed that the red rear tail lights next to the reversing light don't appear to come on. With the main head lights turned on, I have noticed that the only rear red tail light that comes on is the one about the indicator as shown in the photo attached.

Does anyone else's HRV exhibit this problem. Not too sure if there are bulbs inside this light housing or not or if it is just reflective. The owners manual is not that clear but does appear to indicate that the tail light is only the ones on the side. Am I correct in thinking that this may not contain led lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
772 Posts
You need someone to check it when you are stepping on the brake.
Most cars have 1 taillight that lights up when the lights are on, and more that light up when you brake.

You cannot tell from just having the headlights on

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Sounds to be to the case. Did you try calling your service advisor first to ask them? Is someone else pressing the brake while your behind the car looking at it?

The owners manual is not that clear but does appear to indicate that the tail light is only the ones on the side. Am I correct in thinking that this may not contain led lights.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Those are just reflectors. I was disappointed when I found out. Wonder if there's going to be a kit someday to retrofit lights in there?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are just reflectors. I was disappointed when I found out. Wonder if there's going to be a kit someday to retrofit lights in there?
Thanks for the update. That is a shame that they are just reflectors since it would be safer to have them all light up.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took a closer look at the rear light and can see that there are no LED bulbs in this housing just reflectors. Wish that they had put in LED lights for safety reason.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Not only would it be safer, but it would look better, more upscale. They don't even need to be brake lights, just taillights.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Completely agree. I did notice, after confirming this at the dealer, that many other SUVs with similar clusters work the same way. Seems pretty chintzy to me.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts