Honda HR-V Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My HRV is a 2016 with 80,000 km on it my life is spent in my car as I drive for a living. I had an issue last week with one rear LED light flickering, when I took it to the dealership they told me the light needed to be replaced at a cost of 900.00 but I could still drive it as it was not entirely burned out. I drove back from a long trip in a really bad rain storm this week and until someone flagged me down I did not realize I had no brake light or tail lights. Both had gone out without notice. I thought the logging truck was just a bad tempered driver when he had to swerve to miss me on the highway when I had slowed down to let someone turn off. Now I feel like I cannot trust the vehicle I do not feel safe if this type of thing can without notice. Took it into the dealership and now they inform me it may not be covered under warranty now the bill may be $2,000.00. This after spending $1436.00 on an air conditioner compressor they claim was hit by a stone so again the warranty was void. At this point I am waiting for the issue with the lights to go to tribunal to see if I can get the cost of repair covered. Has anyone else had these issues with their HRV? If so I would like to know if anyone has told them it is a moisture issue with the seals around the tail lights.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I would go to another dealer for a second opinion on problem/warranty and pricing for the lights issue.

Unless you were driving with the hood up, I don't see how a stone/rock could damage your Air compressor.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Compressor no, radiator yes. If you punctured the radiator it could lose the freon and take the compressor out.

How many miles is your warranty good for?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just noticed that the red rear tail lights next to the reversing light don't appear to come on. With the main head lights turned on, I have noticed that the only rear red tail light that comes on is the one about the indicator as shown in the photo attached.

Does anyone else's HRV exhibit this problem. Not too sure if there are bulbs inside this light housing or not or if it is just reflective. The owners manual is not that clear but does appear to indicate that the tail light is only the ones on the side. Am I correct in thinking that this may not contain led lights.
I have the same issue with my 2019 HR-V, which my wife just pointed out to me.... trying to figure out if this is normal or not.

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
310 Posts
I have the same issue with my 2019 HR-V, which my wife just pointed out to me.... trying to figure out if this is normal or not.
The red portion of the tail light on the hatch is just reflectors. The top center is the only red light that comes on (on the hatch).

So, as disappointing as it is, it's normal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just noticed that the red rear tail lights next to the reversing light don't appear to come on. With the main head lights turned on, I have noticed that the only rear red tail light that comes on is the one about the indicator as shown in the photo attached.

Does anyone else's HRV exhibit this problem. Not too sure if there are bulbs inside this light housing or not or if it is just reflective. The owners manual is not that clear but does appear to indicate that the tail light is only the ones on the side. Am I correct in thinking that this may not contain led lights.
My brakes lights are out

21 - 30 of 30 Posts