Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Normally I would shoot a full-size g45 but I can legally carry concealed - when I am in the car I don't like to keep it inside the waistband so they are some options I have used. The firearm mostly shown in a Glock 43x with a 15 round conversion in a crucial concealment inside the waistband clip - I used these with Lululemon shorts that have the inner layer and it works perfectly to conceal and its not heavy.

The point is not always to permanently affix something, just make sure you can draw your firearm if necessary.

The backpack I carry can use a paddle holster in 2 ways, in 1 orientation in the car but if I switch sides I can cross draw while hiking.

The last image is a cautionary tale - its a random vehicle with a small pistol in a nylon holster with a steel clip attached to the seat frame with a powerful magnet - anyone looking into the car can see this.

I do not think that any human should have to ask other people if they have the right to defend themselves, so if you believe "government" should have a monopoly on violence = thats your life decisions and I will respectfully disagree.

A "firearm" in terms of carrying one in your car must be capable of firing - if you remove the barrel it doesn't matter if there is ammo in the gun - if your using a long gun - and you remove the bolt carrier or trigger pack etc its not a firearm. If the police have to add, modify or remove something they have changed it's state.

I know people that travel all over the country teaching with firearms - this is some of their methods.

Know your state laws but many states require ammo and firearms to be separate - this could mean a lock on one and not the other - I know people that travel with a locked case in their glove box and ammo on top of it without issue, know your laws.

As far as should you or what you should - police miss 9 out of 10x with a handgun - there are a number people who have been shot 20x with 9mm and survived - thats 200 rounds if you have comparable training, so get better training.

Fixture Automotive tire Vehicle door Automotive exterior Trunk

Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior Carbon Grey

Tire Automotive tire Car Vehicle Wheel

Automotive design Grey Car Personal luxury car Tints and shades

Tire Hood Wheel Automotive tire Automotive design
can
Hood Automotive design Car Motor vehicle Gear shift

Product Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Car Vehicle

Automotive design Sleeve Grey Line Tints and shades

Sleeve Luggage and bags Bag Grey Khaki

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cant speak on the HR-V until I finally get to pickup mine tomorrow. But I usually go with the Uncle Mikes nylon. It has a belt clip so you can move it to the hip on the right or left side depending on your preference. But it also is easy to change to inside the waistband when you leave the car. I carry on the right side in the car and I find the Uncle Mikes sits comfortably on the hip right behind the seat belt clip. It allow access if needed, but doesn't get in the way. Then just pop off the belt/hip and tuck in the rear waistband/belt when I get out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think a lot of it comes down to intention. And you mentioned drawing, and I don't like the idea of having to reach in a glove box for that, or even behind a seat. Reaching blind seems like a good way to make a mistake.

You show the weapon in there with the spare tire. Not sure what the practicality of that space is.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its dependent on laws and situation - sometimes I carry loaded in the car, sometimes under the rear floor as shown. If I am wearing a coat it changes, with my seat pushed back and reclined reaching it on the back of the passenger seat is an option and if I am OHV on a road passing through private property I may put it in the trunk loaded because the rangers are fine with that when moving between areas.

Normally I would carry it between the seat and center console while driving and I may in certain circumstances leave it behind the glove box so as not to be found where I cannot bring it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts