Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all:
Look for opinions on the modification. I am putting a stripe of orange along the side at the bottom with HRV on it, but I'm also going to do something with the hood.
I've attached a few options and am looking of opinions.
Hood 1
Hood 2
Hood 3
Hood 4
What do you think? I'm kind of leaning between 1 and 4, but there are options.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Personally,I don’t think any of them look good. I think that color is too much for a panel, OK for a stripe. You have to watch bright colors on dark paint, they can overpower the presentation so quickly…Also on a big panel like that the matte finish of the plastidip is going to contrast terribly with the gloss finish of the paint. It will look “ricer added on”

But to each his own, it’s your car, do what you want, etc. etc. and all the other things that are said every here every day .....good luck with whatever you decide.

But the good thing is no matter what, you can always peel it off , no harm done.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I agree with Glen e, the color contrast is a bit too much with the dark grey. Perhaps the paint tool you are using makes it appear matte- will it be gloss? Some shade of red in a smaller area might look better.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I like 1 if you go that route. The great thing about plastidip is it easily peels off if you decide you don’t like it. For those commenting about matte vs glossy, you can buy a glossifier to make it glossy but I personally prefer the matte.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good afternoon all:
So I decided the best course of action was to have a go at it.
I decided to start small and go with 1.
I've attached some pictures incase you are interested. It looks way more red in the photos. It is supposed to be
Plasti Dip® Aerosol Classic Muscle Hugger Orange so... First a good base of white and then on with the Orange. So we'll see what it looks like after a bit. If I don't like it, I'll rip it off...the beauty of Plasti Dip.
I've yet to install the stipe along the side so that could change my ideas too.
Thanks for the input.
Kris

·
Banned
609 Posts
If you really want to do it in orange, think about a 50/50 mix with black & orange to darken it...the orange alone looks too much like rust. A gray color might look good too

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
May I ask how you did that side.. I want it on mine but in black
Good morning:
I actually purchased that decal on Ebay.
Here is the link to the company: ultimate-procyltd on eBay
I don't see it advertised right now, but I'm sure if you sent them a picture they'd get one made up. There seems to be some kind of sale on right now.
Take care

1 - 10 of 10 Posts