Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been reading about problems with the power lock not locking.

however i have a problem with my lock that KEEPs locking. everytime my speed reaches 20km/hit will trigger the door to lock again even when it is already locked.

anyone with similar issue? any solution?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi! thank you for the replies! but the issue here is the auto lock is constantly triggered (to lock) whenever i slowed down and accelerate past the 10mph/15kn/h mark. so a short distance drive at a carpark with multiple road humps for example will have the auto lock triggered each time i pass a hump even when the doors are already locked.

·
Registered
2018 HR-V EX AWD CVT
135 Posts
hi! thank you for the replies! but the issue here is the auto lock is constantly triggered (to lock) whenever i slowed down and accelerate past the 10mph/15kn/h mark. so a short distance drive at a carpark with multiple road humps for example will have the auto lock triggered each time i pass a hump even when the doors are already locked.
That's strange. Are you locking the doors manually with the door switch, right after you get into the car? Maybe try turning off the autolock feature altogether. If that fixes the issue, then try reactivating it.

·
Administrator
2,111 Posts
His issue seems to be doors keep auto-locking when the car speed slows down below 10mph and then back up again. Somehow the car's computer doesn't seem to know the doors are already auto-locked.

·
Registered
2018 HR-V EX AWD CVT
135 Posts
His issue seems to be doors keep auto-locking when the car speed slows down below 10mph and then back up again. Somehow the car's computer doesn't seem to know the doors are already auto-locked.
I wonder if the problem could be the key fob and not the car. If you have a second fob, try using that one for awhile. When the fob is kept in a pants pocket, the buttons can sometimes be triggered when you sit or stoop.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,425 Posts
It may be worth the OP purchasing a decent code reader and seeing if it picks up any defect codes. To a non technical person it sounds like there is a conflict between the auto locking and the central locking: the doors are locked, however, the auto locking is not detecting this. I did not experience this with my previous vehicle which had auto locking, however, with my HR-V I regularly experience a whine from the OSR when applying the central locking either via the key or the button on the door which sounds like the lock is struggling to engage, but does - I check all the doors are locked when securing the vehicle for the night.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts