Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 2018 hr-v ex. Both of the power outlets have stopped working. I have already checked every fuse in the vehicle , cleaned the connector behind the front outlet and still no power. Any ideas?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Replace a fuse and see what happens- sometimes those fuses can be 'burnt' and very very hard to see ( but usually not with the larger AMP rated ones)

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
430 Posts
Is it failing to produce power with the engine off or on, or both?

I got caught out when I first purchased my HR-V as it is the first vehicle I've owned in a long time that requires the key in the ignition for the power outlets to work.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
430 Posts
Have you tried using different gadgets and cables in case they are the fault?

I know with my previous vehicle there were issues with charging mobiles if you did not use the cable supplied with the phone, or at least one from a reputable manufacturer.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
It could be the USB connector itself is at fault. A bent or broken pin in connector, or the like. Not having pulled those apart I can't say how hard it would be to replace them, but that might be worth a try. Do you have a volt meter to check to see if there is any power along the line?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I did check every fuse. They are all good.
How did you check them? As @John35g said, some fuses don't visibly appear bad. My prior Honda Element drove me crazy because the rear power outlet stopped working and I thought the fuse was good because it didn't appear broken. I finally replaced it with a new one and it worked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts