1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
16 Posts
THanks for posting, I've been waiting for the official Honda.ca announcement. I'm looking at an EX AWD so that pushes the price over $30k with tax... That's quite a step up from the last two Civics I've leased. I'm actually considering buying instead of leasing this time.

·
Registered
231 Posts
THanks for posting, I've been waiting for the official Honda.ca announcement. I'm looking at an EX AWD so that pushes the price over $30k with tax... That's quite a step up from the last two Civics I've leased. I'm actually considering buying instead of leasing this time.
At the current exchange rate, that puts your LX model at $17,120 USD. Nice!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I guess I should be grateful that the real exchange rate does not apply. I do find it interesting (read: I don't understand) that the difference in pricing increases with higher trims. For example, there is a $1,500 difference between the US$ and CAD$ for the LX Manual and a $3500 difference for the EX AWD. [not factoring exchange rates here]

·
Registered
231 Posts
I guess I should be grateful that the real exchange rate does not apply. I do find it interesting (read: I don't understand) that the difference in pricing increases with higher trims. For example, there is a $1,500 difference between the US$ and CAD$ for the LX Manual and a $3500 difference for the EX AWD. [not factoring exchange rates here]
How do the Fit and CRV CAD prices compare to USD prices? Is there something similar going on?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Been doing the math and all the models have a favourable exchange rate but it does vary from 8.2% to 16.1% between models. (EXL being the highest)

I have a deposit on an EX-L AWD w/navi. I may have to look at this closer. Typically I load up my vehicle. It may not be a good deal in the case of the HRV. If instead I went with the EX 2WD CVT the 'tax in' saving would be $6,113.

That's a lot to pay for leather seats and trim, navi, day/night mirror and AWD.

AWD may not be required for our second car as we also have a Pilot for those few bad snow days.

Looking forward to Honda Canada updating their site so we can really play with the numbers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The difference in pricing is $2300 for AWD at the EX level so I think I can justify that over the long run and awful winters...

Does anyone know how the Mazda CX-3 would compare price-wise? To me, it's the only contender at the same price point.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Are we Canadians getting better featured vehicles than US :D or are they typo?:eek:

http://www.hondanews.ca/en/honda/pr...-of-Energy-to-Growing-Subcompact-SUV-Market--

LX comfort and convenience features

7-inch touchscreen Display Audio connectivity interface
Automatic climate control system with air filtration
Rearview camera with dynamic guidelines
2 USB inputs
Heated Front Seats

EX additions

Dual Zone Automatic climate control system with air filtration
Cargo Cover

EX-L Navi additions

Forward Collision Warning (FCW)/Lane Departure Warning (LDW)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Been doing the math and all the models have a favourable exchange rate but it does vary from 8.2% to 16.1% between models. (EXL being the highest)

I have a deposit on an EX-L AWD w/navi. I may have to look at this closer. Typically I load up my vehicle. It may not be a good deal in the case of the HRV. If instead I went with the EX 2WD CVT the 'tax in' saving would be $6,113.

That's a lot to pay for leather seats and trim, navi, day/night mirror and AWD.

AWD may not be required for our second car as we also have a Pilot for those few bad snow days.

Looking forward to Honda Canada updating their site so we can really play with the numbers.
I stand corrected. It appears the Canadian EXL AWD w/ navi. May have a few added features vs the U.S. model.

Rear seat arm rest, forward collision warning and Lane departure warning. All good stuff.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Are we Canadians getting better featured vehicles than US :D or are they typo?:eek:

http://www.hondanews.ca/en/honda/pr...-of-Energy-to-Growing-Subcompact-SUV-Market--

LX comfort and convenience features

7-inch touchscreen Display Audio connectivity interface
Automatic climate control system with air filtration
Rearview camera with dynamic guidelines
2 USB inputs
Heated Front Seats

EX additions

Dual Zone Automatic climate control system with air filtration
Cargo Cover

EX-L Navi additions

Forward Collision Warning (FCW)/Lane Departure Warning (LDW)

Jealous of the dual zone! :crying:

I stand corrected. It appears the Canadian EXL AWD w/ navi. May have a few added features vs the U.S. model.

Rear seat arm rest, forward collision warning and Lane departure warning. All good stuff.

And rear arm rest too! :crying:

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are we Canadians getting better featured vehicles than US :D
It certainly looks like it! There have been hints in pics etc. about the dual-zone climate before, but I'm stoked to see it in writing.

We may be getting something closer to the Euro spec.

All very cool. Except for the wait until Summer, which sucks.

Edit: Condolences, mwd.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts