Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like rfantonio discovered the prices. I'm creating its own thread. Time to celebrate (if you like the prices). All credit to rfantonio.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Looks like rfantonio discovered the prices. I'm creating its own thread. Time to celebrate (if you like the prices). All credit to rfantonio.

WOW......I AM astounded! Means I can get my LX for under 20 with shipping!

Hold it a second.....who is rfantonio and how do we know this is accurate?

OK...here is the face book link rfantonio found https://www.facebook.com/HondaSeekonkHRV

Good catch!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thank you! This is the info I have been waiting for!

I've been using a rental since my Matrix was totaled in January, and return it next week.

I've narrowed my choices to the blue Honda HRV LX or the blue Subaru XV Crosstrek.

I live in North Kingstown, RI, and think my new car (Honda or Subaru) is in the port of Davisville a few miles away!

I emailed dealers to see who can get me my new car the fastest with the best price.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
That's the way I read it even from the fb link Bice posted. So really everything will be over 20k. :(
Right. I saw that. Still under 20,000 with the destination charge. Much better than starting at 20,000 and then adding destination. Tax will take it over the top of course, but this is still better than I expected. Getting more interested again.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yes, but sales tax only applies to the difference between the sales price and trade-in. So sales tax could be faily low if trading in a high value car like my 2014 CR-V

·
Registered
514 Posts
Right. I saw that. Still under 20,000 with the destination charge. Much better than starting at 20,000 and then adding destination. Tax will take it over the top of course, but this is still better than I expected. Getting more interested again.
That's only one version that will be under $20k with that charge, and barely under. Sure when Honda said it would start under $20, should have known it wouldn't be by much, just only to get the attention of people.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Not far from what I predicted a month ago....

HRV 2WD LX Manual - $19,147.50
HRV 2WD LX w/CVT - $19,947.50
HRV AWD LX w/CVT - $21,197.50

HRV 2WD EX Manual - $21,152.50
HRV 2WD EX w/CVT - $21,952.50
HRV AWD EX w/CVT - $23,202.50

HRV 2WD EXL w/CVT - $24,035.00
HRV AWD EXL w/CVT - $25,285.00

A bit more than expected for the EXL trims, probably due to the Navi. The destination charge also ended up $60 more than what they charge for the FIT, probably due to heightened Mexican security.

I'll be purchasing the 2WD LX w/CVT. With the destination charge and tax and registration, it will come to $22,692.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
That's only one version that will be under $20k with that charge, and barely under. Sure when Honda said it would start under $20, should have known it wouldn't be by much, just only to get the attention of people.
I see what you mean for people who will be buying the higher levels. This is disappointing.

Kind of selfish of me, I know, but I am happy that the LX will be starting below 20 with destination. And since car companies like to quote their lowest levels in ads to get you in, it is conceivable the LX will be priced even lower......at least after they have been out a while.

Of course , I would have been ecstatic if it started at $18000!

I am sorry that you won't be getting such a bargain with your preferred model. :(

·
Registered
2,248 Posts

A bit more than expected for the EXL trims, probably due to the Navi. The destination charge also ended up $60 more than what they charge for the FIT, probably due to heightened Mexican security.

I'll be purchasing the 2WD LX w/CVT. With the destination charge and tax and registration, it will come to $22,692.
Leon.
I thought of you when I first saw the price list. That is why I wondered if it was legit. I thought someone might have pilfered your list and made it look official. :)

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Yes, but sales tax only applies to the difference between the sales price and trade-in. So sales tax could be faily low if trading in a high value car like my 2014 CR-V
I never trade in. It is always a loss against selling it yourself. But the convenience of a trade has it's attraction, so I can see why many do that.

I will be taking the money from my old car and put it toward paying down the loan. (I may also figure a way to pay cash and not need a loan).

·
Registered
185 Posts

Leon.
I thought of you when I first saw the price list. That is why I wondered if it was legit. I thought someone might have pilfered your list and made it look official.
Haha, well I just followed a formula, and it looks like Honda pretty much used the same formula lol.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I never trade in. It is always a loss against selling it yourself. But the convenience of a trade has it's attraction, so I can see why many do that.

I will be taking the money from my old car and put it toward paying down the loan. (I may also figure a way to pay cash and not need a loan).
IMHO selling yourself is a hassle and not worth the extra money (but like you I understand why some choose to go this way). I love Honda's tradein values. Plus I always pay cash for a new car and avoid loans.

I plan on waiting a year or two so inventory will have a chance to build and dealers will be able to deal. I could get a new HR-V for as little as $5000 (or hopefuuly less) plus my trade in. If I do that means it cost me less than $140 a month for my CR-V for a 3 year period. plus I get a new car with a new 3 year warranty.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
IMHO selling yourself is a hassle and not worth the extra money (but like you I understand why some choose to go this way). I love Honda's tradein values. Plus I always pay cash for a new car and avoid loans.

I plan on waiting a year or two so inventory will have a chance to build and dealers will be able to deal. I could get a new HR-V for as little as $5000 (or hopefuuly less) plus my trade in. If I do that means it cost me less than $140 a month for my CR-V for a 3 year period. plus I get a new car with a new 3 year warranty.
Sounds like a good plan. :)

The other thing I don't like about trades is that it kind of mucks up the buying process as far as what you pay. It might work for me if I first get a good low price and THEN throw in the trade and see what they will do. I am not that savvy about these things, so simpler is better for me. :)
Wish I had your smarts, Topspot.

·
Registered
316 Posts
My typical plan once I decide on what cat I intend to buy, is to goto three dealers tell them what I want, what I am trading in and ask for their best net price. I also tell them that is what I am doing, I am not going to haggle, just give me your best price. The dealer that gives me the lowest over all price wins my business. They can structure the deal any way they want, my only concern is the amount of money coming out of my pocket.

·
Registered
231 Posts

Yeah...I used to think that. When I bought my Vibe, I had a 10 year old Subie with 180k miles on it. They offered me $3k. I figured if that's what they were offering I could do better. A month later I finally got it sold--for $2900. I could have made an extra hundred and saved the tax on the price difference. That was the one regret I had with the whole experience.

Granted that's just one data point, but sometimes it pays to just take the trade in.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Canadian prices

20,690 to 29,990, according to autonet.ca and globe and mail.

Not sure why the range is 3,000 more than the US range, but I like that the low end is only $1,500 more! Haven't found a breakdown by model yet, nor any details of trim levels and equpment.

...and they're all saying "available this summer". :(

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Yeah...I used to think that. When I bought my Vibe, I had a 10 year old Subie with 180k miles on it. They offered me $3k. I figured if that's what they were offering I could do better. A month later I finally got it sold--for $2900. I could have made an extra hundred and saved the tax on the price difference. That was the one regret I had with the whole experience.

Granted that's just one data point, but sometimes it pays to just take the trade in.

Thanks for the input. This may work for me. I could use Kelly blue book and know what to expect when I go in. I will have to consider this. In other words, "do my homework". :)
Thanks

1 - 20 of 63 Posts