Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Proclip makes some awesome products! I'm curious how you like the placement of the mount. Do you find it to be too low for using as a map/GPS while driving? My current setup may not hold together so I'm curious since I'll be checking the device very frequently while working as a rideshare driver.

I just got into an HR-V this past week! I'm super excited and love everything about the car so far! The mount options for this vehicle aren't the best though. Having a mount from my last vehicle, I managed to fenagle a makeshift bracket (the one I had barely didn't reach) out of a piece of a PVC pipe bracket I bought for under $2. Finding something to do this was an interesting trip to Home Depot lol I don't exactly have metal fabrication skills nor any tools but managed this with a large pair of pliers/wire cutter, a screwdriver, some bolts/nuts and a 3m velcro strip just in case. Such a PITA but I'm happy with it. I'm hopeful it holds together!

Here are a few pics:

·
Registered
6spd FWD
54 Posts
…nice job fabricating the clip, great way to access the moving map/directions if you have internet access on that ipad

I on the other hand, am trying to declutter my car/life with less technology and gadgets.

·
Registered
4 Posts
…nice job fabricating the clip, great way to access the moving map/directions if you have internet access on that ipad

I on the other hand, am trying to declutter my car/life with less technology and gadgets.
Thank you! I haven't had any experience doing something like this but really liked the positioning of the tablet on my last vehicle. It doesn't impede the view of the road and still offers good peripheral viewing there. I've found centralized locations to be a bit of a problem but the HR-V proclip location seems to solve that at the expense of visibility.

As a glasses wearer, that spot seems like it'd be too far out of my line of sight and I'd have to be looking down frequently to view it. For most people, I don't think this would be an issue but rideshare is a very different situation as you can't rely on voice overs for trip request info like you can with turn-by-turn directions (hence my question earlier).

Honestly, I'm a bit surprised Proclip didn't make a mount for this location. The A pillar certainly can handle such a mount. I think they probably do additional positions based on the popularity of the vehicle itself, though I always thought the HR-V sold at least decently well here in the states (we certainly love our crossovers/SUVs here).

Edit: It may have something to do with the angle of the pillar being too flat. I didn't think about it but a lot of devices might not fit there like that. I had to adjust my mount downward but I figured this was just because it was a tablet but many phones these days are pretty massive too so this may have played a role in their decision even if they offer adjustment plates for this exact purpose.

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
549 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Maybe because that's a cover for the front part of the side curtain airbags? If the airbags deploy, anything attached to the pillar is gonna go flying.

The last thing they want, is to be accused of interfering with safety systems for a vehicle.
The vehicle that clip came off of also had side curtain airbags in the A pillar so I don't think this is the case. Most vehicles these days place airbags there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts