Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cleaning the car today I noticed a couple of minor scratches on the door sill at the inner wheel arch just below where the hook is for the rear lock mechanism, probably about 15cm below what looks like the Vehicles Identification Number (VIN) is attached in the image below;

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

I have tried to do a search for sill tape, inner wheel arch tape but I only get results back for kick plates or wheel arch liners. Can anyone provide a link or even know what this product is called?

Thanks to the Magic Seats we tend to store items in the rear passenger footwell, so it is probably either my wife and I being a bit ham fisted when it comes to lifting things in and out.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Fin

·
Registered
2021 LX AWD Modern Steel Metallic
88 Posts
Cleaning the car today I noticed a couple of minor scratches on the door sill at the inner wheel arch just below where the hook is for the rear lock mechanism, probably about 15cm below what looks like the Vehicles Identification Number (VIN) is attached in the image below;

View attachment 32519

I have tried to do a search for sill tape, inner wheel arch tape but I only get results back for kick plates or wheel arch liners. Can anyone provide a link or even know what this product is called?

Thanks to the Magic Seats we tend to store items in the rear passenger footwell, so it is probably either my wife and I being a bit ham fisted when it comes to lifting things in and out.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

Fin
I Font Tire Screenshot Automotive tire Brand
Font Tire Screenshot Automotive tire Brand

I got this on eBay. I use it on my "A" pillar to prevent scratches from my ring when getting in & out. It's extremely tough, totally transparent, won't yellow, and I believe it is available in different widths. Applies same as tint film.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Can anyone provide a link or even know what this product is called?
On this side of the pond, it can be found under the term "paint protection film" (PPF).

I'm a fan of Lamin-X's PPF for light-duty use. It has a low-tack adhesive that adheres well but still peels cleanly. Think of it as a giant clear Post-It note.

3M VentureShield (red label) is more durable, but it's also a lot harder to peel off and replace. The adhesive held on so well that I pulled a shallow dent out of the hood.

I've also heard good things about Xpel, but I haven't tried it myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts