Honda HR-V Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Would you'rE warRanty be hONorEd at eveRy hONda dealERship natiONwide?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yes every dealership in the united states will cover the Honda care extended warranty. I did make sure of that.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Let evEReryONe know how it turns out!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Remember, extended service plans are for-profit. Don't use anecdotal evidence to make a decision to buy a service plan.

Though there are a few (very few) exceptions, it is generally recommended not to buy insurance for affordable risks. The cost to you for administration and profits from insurance and warranty programs will result in the average person spending more to purchase the warranty (extended service plan) than he or she will ever receive in payouts or repairs.

A suggestion. Unless the budget is so tight that any unexpected cost is going to break the bank, take the money that would have be spent on the extended warranty and put it in a bank account. Use it if a repair is required that would have been paid by service plan.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Remember, extended service plans are for-profit. Don't use anecdotal evidence to make a decision to buy a service plan.

Though there are a few (very few) exceptions, it is generally recommended not to buy insurance for affordable risks. The cost to you for administration and profits from insurance and warranty programs will result in the average person spending more to purchase the warranty (extended service plan) than he or she will ever receive in payouts or repairs.

A suggestion. Unless the budget is so tight that any unexpected cost is going to break the bank, take the money that would have be spent on the extended warranty and put it in a bank account. Use it if a repair is required that would have been paid by service plan.
Well said. To add to your last point, if the budget is so tight that any unexpected cost is going to break the bank, I'd even question how financial prudent it is to buy a $20K car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
We have decided on getting the extended warranty. I have called about 10 different dealerships in our area and they all have different prices. So for all 3 of our new Honda HRV's we decided on the Honda care extended warranty 7 years/80,000 for $765. We only drive about 10,000 to 12,000 miles a year so we thought this option was best for our needs. I pray we chose the right one.

·
Registered
94 Posts
You'vE made a well thought out, financially pRudent decisiON.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
We bought the extended warranty from Honda care 7 year/80,000 bumper to bumper for $765. Bought for all 3 HRV's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Set the manufacturers warranty next to the "extended warranty" and see how much more it really gives you.
I did this in the dealer's office the day we purchased ours and it clearly was not worth it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Ours is petty much same as 3 years/36,000 and doesn't cover normal wear like brakes or interior or glass and several other things. We did get the Honda care warranty. Husband doesn't care for third party warranties.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Honda Extended Warranty

I recently purchased a new HR-V at my local Honda dealership (Indianapolis area). They offered a 8 year/100,000 mile extended warranty through Honda that covers pretty much everything except normal wear and tear. They wanted about $2500 for the warranty. They said the warranty is good at any Honda dealership in the country.
I'm researching alternative options because I feel like that price is high. My question for you all is how much did you pay for your 8 year extended warranty? Also, which dealership did you get it through? If I could possibly get dealership contact information, that would extremely helpful, as I am trying to exhaust all of my options.
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Down here in Australia, I was given and extra two year warranty by the dealer when I purchased my HR-V 3 months ago, no charge. Just an end of financial year deal which included that and free on road costs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Honda Extended Warranty

My wife are purchasing a brand new Honda hrv. They have offered us to purchase the 7 year extended warranty. This is our first Honda ever and we are questioning if it is worth doing?

Appreciate all responses.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
My wife are purchasing a brand new Honda hrv. They have offered us to purchase the 7 year extended warranty. This is our first Honda ever and we are questioning if it is worth doing?

Appreciate all responses.
A big no. More than likely you would never use. Instead, set up a separate bank fund/account and put away some monthly money for Car repairs.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The purpose of extended warranties if increased dealer profit. If you think they are not making enough profit on the sale of the SUV then buy a warranty. As the owner of an automotive repair shop I can tell you that it is a rare occurrence when an extended warranty pays out more than it cost.

Don in Austin

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought Hrv 2019 sports, bought warranty for an additional 36$ above monthly price of car, I have at least a month to cancel warranty, 7 years 100,000 miles, the financial officer, was avoiding to speak to us when we tried to cancel, then two of the sales people were convincing us to keep warranty for peace of mind, debating if it's worth it, they were not clear as to what it really covers, does it cover , power train, electrical, bumper to bumper, Hamilton Honda nj

21 - 40 of 46 Posts