Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name David, I have a Honda HRV 2015 Mark 2 the Bluetooth was playing up and now all of a sudden. I have no sound and no display on the screen. I have disconnected the battery on the positive and negative side for 15 minutes. To reset the system there is no radio code required for this model. Can anybody help me. I do have some mechanic knowledge also check the basics. I've checked the fuse and I plugged it into the OBD2 connection no faults found its lighting up, just spinning for internet connection on the display. Does anybody have any more ideas that I can try

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
What country are you in? Different regions have different software and possibly hardware

Never seen this issue posted before, didn't think the north American units even have internet

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
312 Posts
For the 2019 HR-V Touring unit, if I hold the Home button long enough, it does a forced restart.

The 2019 also includes internet access for USDM (page 305).

Interestingly enough, pressing the volume knob in my HR-V, shuts off the audio portion of the unit. The navigation and phone portions still work. The above forced restart affects everything. But I don't know how much that applies to other markets or model years.

edit: I just attempted it... for some reason, I couldn't get it to do a forced restart. I know that when I installed the interior illuminations, it triggered the self-diagnostics which I then tried to mess with later and got the button press combo to get it. The thing was, if I got the combo wrong, I was able to trigger the restart, but I guess I was mistaken what that buttons needed to be pressed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts