Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What is the best to use on windshield.....on the outside....A Rainx type produce or the newer ceramic coating that you can apply to just about everything on the car....Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
240 Posts
My mistake, I see that this is the "exterior" forum now. I take my car through one of those automatic washers and it applies wax outside which does a really good job to bead up the rain. Sometimes, if there is enough rain water, it will stream down the windshield without using the wipers. I assume that's the result that you're wanting to get.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
377 Posts
When it comes to car cleaning, the windows are my Achiles Heel, it is a Dear Diary Moment when I clean them AND they are smear free. I have found a glass polish is much better and they also tend to have added water repellent and anti misting properties added. The one I use is from a well known British brand, so it is not worth recommending it. However, have a search for a car cleaning/valeting forum and see what is recommended on there.

I have lots of trees and flowering plants around my carport so my vehicle gets covered in pollen and so on very quickly and the glass polish cuts through all of that.

If the issue is more to do with your wipers dragging across your windscreen, rather than clearing it of rain, check the condition of your wiper rubbers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What is the best to use on windshield.....on the outside....A Rainx type produce or the newer ceramic coating that you can apply to just about everything on the car....Thanks for your help.

Check out this link. Scotty had all kinds of tips on his YouTube site and this might help.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
240 Posts
I want to have the water bead off the glass...
It's the cheap and lazy way but, as I said above, I select the inclusion of wax when I drive through the automatic car wash and it does that (beads the rain water off of the glass).

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've used Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray, Turtle Wax Graphene Spray, and Meguires Waterless Wash and Wax Spray and they all will make your windows bead water like crazy. The Ceramic and Graphene makes the surface so slick that water will bead and just roll off your windshield at highway speeds. No wipers required.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts