Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Banned
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After fill up, I noticed the range is about 336 miles. Then it jumps to 394 miles when I do highway driving after I fill up. What is the average range after filling up the HRV?

· Premium Member
801 Posts
What’s the lowest range that anyone has experienced? Today, due to time circumstances, mine was down to 11 miles before refueling. Any lower? I wonder if it is accurate enough to get down to 1 mile and not run out of fuel.
Car Speedometer White Motor vehicle Light

· Registered
4 Posts
Had my '23 LX for two weeks and the miles-to-empty seems way, way off. On a full tank it says 350 or more in Econ mode, which seems unlikely based on my previous HR-V experience. (I know this is Civic based now -- but still seems to take about 12 gallons to fill up, and I seem to recall the new generation has a slightly lower MPG estimate.)

Last weekend my range went from 60 to 0 in about 20 miles on the 80/90 turnpike, which compelled me to exit early and put in a few gallons in a more expensive area, to make sure we got home.
  1. So will this range reading become more accurate with time?
  2. And as long as I'm here, is it safe to assume this car still has about a gallon or two after the range estimate hits 0?
I realize these are somewhat contradictory questions. Thanks to anyone with a more educated opinion than mine!

· Registered
1,297 Posts
@britain - first of all, congrats on your purchase. Second, take a few minutes and RTFM.... Read the Fine Manual... It will tell you exactly how many gallons you have in your tank, and what to expect. It is well worth the investment of an hour or two. When my 2016 HRV hits '0', that means I have about a gallon and a half left, or probably close to 50 miles. I've driven to the gas station on '0' for ten miles, and still had over a gallon left over.

Next, experiment with the Econ on vs. off. I think most here will tell you it actually makes the mileage worse on the 2016-2022 generation HRVs. My suspicion is that the range should stay fairly accurate and shouldn't drop dramatically as you drive, unless you are going in stop and go traffic from having been on the turnpike, or start going up a hill. I tend to drive with my setting showing range as the default and it goes down gradually.

· Registered
2018 HR-V EX AWD CVT
220 Posts
I've driven on '0' for several miles. In my experience, when it hits '0' I still have a gallon or so left.
I also find this to be true. I've gone 30 miles after hitting "0" with out issue. I know that I have at least a gallon after "0". I reset my 'A" trip when I hit "0" then watch my average MPG and know that I can go at least that far.
I only run it that low when I want to maximize my fuel purchase, due to using a "cash off" rewards card. Discount is good up to 30 gallons. Most ever I've put in was 12.6 gal. Capacity is 13.2, I believe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts