Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got our HR-V and very happy about it! But there is a rattle somewhere in the dash when road is less than smooth. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I don't have any rattles. Did you first check to see if there was anything in your glove box that could be causing the noise?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, yes I removed all items from the car. Decided to drop it off at the dealership a little while ago. Hopefully they can find it. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the rattle noise from dash when my rpm hits 1500. It's really annoy, I took to dealership and they said it's normal.
I hope Honda could fix this problem soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a rattle on the far left side of the dash any time the road is not smooth, If I just lightly touch the panel to the left of the instruments, the rattle stops. My car goes in for first service in three days and I'm hoping they can find the problem and MAKE IT STOP!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the rattle noise from dash when my rpm hits 1500. It's really annoy, I took to dealership and they said it's normal.
I hope Honda could fix this problem soon.
took mine with same problem to Sierra Honda, Monrovia Ca---they found part of the problem on the bracket underneath the catalytic converter---relaligned it and most of the noise went away but re-surfaces every now and then--they said they could not nothing more until Honda Co. gets more complaints and then maybe they would recall the cars and replace the bracket with another one

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dash rattle

This noise is maddening! It is definitely coming from the dash near the instrument cluster. Service manager was able to duplicate noise by using his fist and hitting the dashboard above the glove compartment.... you could hear it on the drivers side. I have taken it in three times now. Today they told me that the other HR-V's on the lot make the same noise and it is a normal characteristic of the vehicle and nothing can be done unless Honda makes a fix for it. This is complete crap!!! A brand new car with an annoying rattle-vibration in the dash that can't be fixed? I am beyond mad! I have also had multiple exterior trim pieces replaced that were ill fitting or loose, passenger side front glass replaced as there was a chip in it at delivery and this noise they can't fix. *SIGH*

·
Super Moderator
1,578 Posts
Noise from the dash is not normal. I would take it to another dealer.

I don't know about the attitude of some of these dealerships that refused to solve customers' complaints?

I guess I'm lucky with my dealer. I had a noise coming from the dash. Once they verified there was a noise. They took the whole dash off and drive around to find the source. It took them 2 days to find it. Actually, the noise wasn't from the dash, but from the wheel well.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I'd like to see them prove that all hrv have that sound, have them take you for a ride in a random car off the lot.

Mine has no rattles that I can hear, which is the way it should be

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have a rattle that comes from the speaker cover under the window on the driver side. Intermittent. If I lightly press down on the cover or remove it completely, the rattle stops. Been meaning to take it in.

Also have another intermittent rattle from the console area, specifically where the gear box meets the dash. If I put a finger in between both to act as a wedge, rattle stops.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have this too. Just bought my car. Has 3900 miles on it. Called dealership to look at it. It better be under warranty

·
Registered
1 Posts
Finally got our HR-V and very happy about it! But there is a rattle somewhere in the dash when road is less than smooth. Anyone else have this problem?
I’m having the same problem,on mine it’s the plastic where the speedometer is,it came loose and rattles over every bump,not sure how to fix though

1 - 17 of 17 Posts