Honda HR-V Forum banner

121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a rattle at 2500 rpm when leveling off after decelerating. Dealer says it is a known 2019 HRV transmission issue and says they just fixed it with a software update. We’ll see

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone have a rattle vibration noise when you give it throttle? When you accelerate you hear this very annoying rattle/vibration noise that doesn't go away. Every time you move it does this rattle, even at higher speeds. I looked under the car and there are lots of plates, heat shields. The sound can't be heard parked in the garage giving it throttle, you have to be moving, any thoughts.

Just change the transmission fluid GEAR oil with the original one from honda showroom.Check is ATF or CTV . the oil recommeded by the car will be displayed on the Dip stick of gear oil. your problem will be solved

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's odd because I only hear the noise between 20- 35 MPHIL and it goes away completely if I change to sport mode? For some reason it only makes noise when lightly accelerating at lower rpm? Haven't taken it in to be checked yet.

Just change the transmission fluid GEAR oil with the original one from honda showroom.Check is ATF or CTV . the oil recommeded by the car will be displayed on the Dip stick of gear oil. your problem will be solved

·
Registered
1 Posts
So far so good. I think the software fix worked!
I was wondering if problem went away. I just bought 2019 and have same exact issue. They can’t find the problem. Was wondering what dealership you used for repair so I can point the mechanics in the right direction if it’s only a software fix. Tyia

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've recently discovered something odd. If I'm dropping my rear passenger seat flat and let it drop from up high, I can hear the same rattling sound come from under the car. I'm just not sure if it's the exact same part that's rattling because when driving, it "sounds" like it's more in the front whereas the noise from dropping the seat sounds closer to the door.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a rattle at 2500 rpm when leveling off after decelerating. Dealer says it is a known 2019 HRV transmission issue and says they just fixed it with a software update. We’ll see
There is a service bulletin on this, and I just got mine fixed. It had been making the metallic rattle noise for me for the last few winters-only when it was below 30 degrees. Finally decided to see if the dealer could figure it out and took it in on a very cold day. They drove it, heard the noise, and saw the bulletin that had been put out in May 2019.. (SB 19-021) They apparently updated the "AWL Control Unit". So far, so good, and so happy I took it in. It was covered under warranty and cost me nothing.

·
Registered
159 Posts
There is a service bulletin on this, and I just got mine fixed. It had been making the metallic rattle noise for me for the last few winters-only when it was below 30 degrees. Finally decided to see if the dealer could figure it out and took it in on a very cold day. They drove it, heard the noise, and saw the bulletin that had been put out in May 2019.. (SB 19-021) They apparently updated the "AWL Control Unit". So far, so good, and so happy I took it in. It was covered under warranty and cost me nothing.
Would it covered out of warranty? This is my first brand new car and I dont know how coverage works lol.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
159 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would think that they would cover all models, but the question could be if your warranty time frame has expired. Also, my vehicle would only make the "noise" during cold temps, and the dealer would not even look at my car if it was not making the noise during warmer temps. So, they have to witness the noise/problem before they would look at and then fix the problem. If you can reproduce the problem, and your vehicle is currently under warranty, then I assume that Honda will cover the cost. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone have a rattle vibration noise when you give it throttle? When you accelerate you hear this very annoying rattle/vibration noise that doesn't go away. Every time you move it does this rattle, even at higher speeds. I looked under the car and there are lots of plates, heat shields. The sound can't be heard parked in the garage giving it throttle, you have to be moving, any thoughts.
I have been experiencing this between 20-40 mph. It’s getting more frequent. Been going in since I bought it new. Now seems to be happening every time I drive it. I had asked 2 times while in for inspection and was told they did not hear a noise. I will be taking back ASAP. Mikes are 33k on a 2018. Very disappointing never had a car make this noise. Not previous Honda CRV or my Toyota.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took the HRV into the dealer today and was lucky enough to catch the lead mechanic and take him for a demo ride. He could easily hear the noise and agreed it wasn't acceptable. Two hours later after several test drives they appear to have found and fixed the problem. Apparently a guard/clamp/fitting of some sort around the primary O2 sensor is a loose fit. They first did a test drive with this removed and they added a wrap of felt tape to take up the jiggle room. My 30 mile drive home was perfect. I still do "sense" a slight engine/drive train harmonic at ~ 1450rpm but it no longer causes a metal on metal amplified resonance.

Hope this helps some you folks.

Hugh
My 2018 makes this noise now I finally can show them something at dealer. Thank you.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
48 Posts
Evening All,

I purchased my 2016 model in early March of this year. Within a few weeks of ownership I became aware when accelerating at speeds up to 40mph of a 'thrum' noise coming from the NSF (passnger side) of the engine bay , almost as if the engine was only running on 3 cylinders.

My vehicle is currently at the dealership to have this investigated along with a number of other issues I have raised. As happy as I am that this is being investigated, I would like your opinions as to whether the sound my engine makes at idle is normal or acceptable. My vehicle prior to this was a 2.0 diesel which I owned since new for approximately 10 years and 110k miles, so my expectations may be slightly skewerd, but I am disappointed by the lack of refinement from this engine, and by just how noisy it is. I would even go as far to say the noise this engine makes is on a par to that of my diesel, though slightly more higher pitched.

The other issues I ahve raised with the dealership and are also being investigated are;
  1. Very occasionally I am aware of a metallic noise when changing gear as if two pieces of metal sheeting are hitting each other. I am only aware of this at town speeds.
  2. An occasional gassy/exhaust smell from the OSF wheel arch.
  3. An occasional rattle from the silencer (muffler?) when switching off the engine. Now and again it also happens when starting up. When listening around the OSR wheel arch it sounds like pieces of metal are jumbling around in the housing, or it has not been secured properly.
Many thanks.

Regards,

HT

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
48 Posts
Just an update to my post above.

Got my vehicle back from the dealership after they had it for a week (COVID related supply issues) and they traced the rattle I was complaining about to a/the transmission mount which they replaced. The vehicle is a lot quieter, to the point my wife even commented on it.

HTH

Regards,

HT

121 - 136 of 136 Posts