Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been ready for a change for a little bit now and have finally narrowed down my choices, as I was reading this forum today I found one other person posting that their decision is between a Honda Fit and an HR-V, I'm in the same boat.
I will be getting out of my 2008 MINI Cooper that we purchased new and looking forward to hopefully a little kinder driving experience. My MINI stands out like a sore thumb on the road, she is Oxygen Blue (very light Blue Aqua), lowered and has stickers.
My choice was somewhat a simple one, my Brother and I helped our Mom buy a new Honda Civic a few years ago, she's loves it and it has been a very good and reliable car for her.
Since knowing that the HR-V was coming out we held off purchasing until we could look at both the Fit and HR-V, from a money stand point the Fit is right on budget, the HR-V a bit over budget but still at the top of our list I think. We headed to the Dealership as soon as I saw I was able to configure an HR-V online, then check our dealer site to see what they had, 18 were listed...boy did I get excited. We found out they had gotten 9 on the 15th and by the time we had gotten their they had already sold 7, the 8th one was going out the door on that Saturday we were there, the 9th one was going on the showroom floor and not selling...fine with me it was Green and not a color I wanted, though it did look nice.
Anyway, glad to be here, reading other stories and experiences is why I joined the forum.

Cheers

A Fit or HR-V Owner down the road

·
Registered
262 Posts
Welcome!

Were you able to sit in each? Have you tested the Fit yet?

My wife and I found the HR-V to be much more comfortable and the added cargo room was appreciated.

Good luck with your decision, hope your dealer gets more soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the welcome randY49!
No we haven't checked back with our dealer, we aren't in a huge hurry, we still have a car payment to payoff. Besides what better way to find out all the details before you make that decision than sitting here on the forum gaining knowledge from those in the same boat or those who've purchased already. And I don't want to bug our dealer either, they aren't hurting for business that's for sure, they were super busy on our last visit, let those spending their $$ be first in line.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was considering both as well. I test drove the HR-V first by way of a coin flip. When I drove the Fit the differences were obvious. I came from a micro car (Scion iQ) that had a rather noisy cvt and bumpy ride. I loved how quiet the HR-V was and smooth ride. The Fit didn't feel as solid on the road. The cvt noise was louder. It did seem to have more pep to it than the HR-V but you hear it. I ended up going with Deep Ocean Blue Pearl EX AWD. I love it. While my payments are higher than the Fit would have been I'm happy with my choice. I think I'll be even happier when winter rolls around. My trip to work takes back roads.

Best of luck in your decision. Congrats either way with what you decide!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
The parallels are scary....just got rid of a 2009 Mini Cooper JCW and looking at either the Fit or HRV as well. :D

I've been ready for a change for a little bit now and have finally narrowed down my choices, as I was reading this forum today I found one other person posting that their decision is between a Honda Fit and an HR-V, I'm in the same boat.
I will be getting out of my 2008 MINI Cooper that we purchased new and looking forward to hopefully a little kinder driving experience. My MINI stands out like a sore thumb on the road, she is Oxygen Blue (very light Blue Aqua), lowered and has stickers.
My choice was somewhat a simple one, my Brother and I helped our Mom buy a new Honda Civic a few years ago, she's loves it and it has been a very good and reliable car for her.
Since knowing that the HR-V was coming out we held off purchasing until we could look at both the Fit and HR-V, from a money stand point the Fit is right on budget, the HR-V a bit over budget but still at the top of our list I think. We headed to the Dealership as soon as I saw I was able to configure an HR-V online, then check our dealer site to see what they had, 18 were listed...boy did I get excited. We found out they had gotten 9 on the 15th and by the time we had gotten their they had already sold 7, the 8th one was going out the door on that Saturday we were there, the 9th one was going on the showroom floor and not selling...fine with me it was Green and not a color I wanted, though it did look nice.
Anyway, glad to be here, reading other stories and experiences is why I joined the forum.

Cheers

A Fit or HR-V Owner down the road

1 - 5 of 5 Posts