Honda HR-V Forum banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guys, This is my 4th new Honda (one of them I drove 350,000 miles), my 4th AWD/4WD car, I have driven over 1 million miles without hitting anyone else, I have built several homes and did every part of them (I only knew 1 other person who could do that), have overhauled many engines and am known as “the person who can fix just about anything” but have never needed to change differential fluid, and needing to that does not make sense to me. I know very well the difference between a differential and a transmission. One of my best friends is a certified Honda mechanic. And every other brand too (including Porsche, Mercedes and BMW..I have seen his certificates). I wrote to Honda America, and they told me that they don’t answer technical questions and to ask my "idiot" dealer. I am here to learn what Honda may not have told us. This brings up 2 questions….does anyone know if the rear differential is always “active”? Something tells me it is not….When I bought my HR-V,, the dealer only gave me 2 books…a 150 page owners manual and a much smaller customer information book. It sounds like each dealer is different?
This differential is different from the old differentials you are accustomed to. They work like automatic transmissions. Do you know the difference between a four wheel drive and an all wheel drive?

61 - 62 of 62 Posts