Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For various reasons we tend to use the rear passenger compartment for carrying items rather than the boot - who would have thought the simple retractable shopping bag hook would be worth its weight in gold.

Anyway, I've noted that on occasion as people and items have been getting in and out of the rear, the inner door sill gets the occasion 'dink'. To prevent any permanent damage I've fitted some kick plate tape a little bit higher than it was intended;

Rectangle World Textile Wood Font

Hood Azure Automotive tire Luggage and bags Automotive design

I don't know if it's due to the faux carbon weave, but the tape is not as light a blue as it comes out in photographs, it's closer to the cars actual colour.

I had purchased a roll of clear kick plate tape, but a number of reviews stated it either yellowed or went opaque after a few months, which put me off applying it.

I'll see how this goes. I include the door sills as part of my exterior clean as I noticed water marks and road debris build up on them, so hopefully it will help prevent sills getting damaged by that.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, well, it looks like back to the drawing board!

Washed the car earlier this week and noted the tape was coming adrift on the NSR door. I have 'smoothed' it back into position, however, this looks to be just a temporary solution. I may either use the clear kick tape that I had purchased earlier, or remove the ones I have installed and let nature run its course!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts