Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I have installed an 'enclosed' rear seat dog hammock for when taking Suki out and about, that only really protects the rear doors whilst they are shut, of which it does a fantastic job, very little dirt gets on the seats or doors.

With the onset of poorer weather I took a punt on a set of rear door protects for around $30. The mesh section is split into three pockets for stashing light items.

Azure Sleeve Bag Luggage and bags Grey

The guard is attached to the rear door by plastic clips that slip down between the glass and door trim. This version also has two strips of velcro; hooked and non hooked, to help hold it in place.
Outerwear Luggage and bags Hood Sleeve Bag

For some reason I could only get 3 out of the 4 plastic tabs to slip down the gap between the door card and glass - possible window mechanism blocking it. I just slid that one under the material.
Product Blue Bag Luggage and bags Grey

Second from left plastic tab slid under the material. You just lift the door guard up to get access to the window switch, door pocket or door handle.

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Automotive tire

I would have preferred if the white tabs had been black to blend in better, however, it does not bother me as much as I thought it would. I must be maturing in my old age!
Window Vehicle Train Rolling stock Mode of transport

Couple of things to bare in mind, these are not suitable for windows with aftermarket tinted film as the tabs may scratch or rip it when opening or closing them. Although I have an aftermarket tint, I don't intend opening the rear windows and Suki tends to be the only rear seat passenger I carry. On the packaging it states these particular guards are not suitable for BMW's for some unknown reason.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@black3sr Just think of the savings on haircuts and haircare products!

In 2010, I had a reasonably sized piece of my right fore-arm removed due to cancerous cells, the resultant scar resembles a 'shark bite'. I told the surgeon I wished it had happened to my left fore-arm as I could have used the shark bite as a cue rest whilst playing snooker or pool. Not even a snigger........

·
Registered
13 Posts
@black3sr Just think of the savings on haircuts and haircare products!

In 2010, I had a reasonably sized piece of my right fore-arm removed due to cancerous cells, the resultant scar resembles a 'shark bite'. I told the surgeon I wished it had happened to my left fore-arm as I could have used the shark bite as a cue rest whilst playing snooker or pool. Not even a snigger........
But the good thing is still here with us. I get results of my latest scan from last week tomorrow. My crap is in my right upper lung lobe.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@sacrecaille I purchased them from Car Shades in the UK. As my dog travels on the back seat I just purchased the set for the rear windows. I did purchase a full set for my last vehicle which included two for the rear screen, which wasn't as much as a distraction as I thought it would be. This set has been in my HR-V for over 2 years with no issues. Just be aware they cannot be removed with the door closed. I had the previous set on my other vehicle for at least 6 years, again with no issue - apart from some minor sun fade.

I would also suggest doing a search online, as I have seen other shades available for a lot less.

·
Registered
35 Posts
@sacrecaille I purchased them from Car Shades in the UK. As my dog travels on the back seat I just purchased the set for the rear windows. I did purchase a full set for my last vehicle which included two for the rear screen, which wasn't as much as a distraction as I thought it would be. This set has been in my HR-V for over 2 years with no issues. Just be aware they cannot be removed with the door closed. I had the previous set on my other vehicle for at least 6 years, again with no issue - apart from some minor sun fade.

I would also suggest doing a search online, as I have seen other shades available for a lot less.

ok because i don't find anything fine, for the p
ast summer i put a cover on the glass but it's not aesthetic

Automotive tail & brake light Hood Sky Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you are doing it for privacy, you could look at getting them tinted. As well as the sunshades I have all of my rear windows tinted for blocking out the sun, privacy, and to minimise the amount of glass entering the cabin if ever a window is broken. The rear screen on my last vehicle shattered and I was picking up pieces of glass for months afterwards.

If purely for ventilation, try Ali Express, ebay and amazon.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you are doing it for privacy, you could look at getting them tinted. As well as the sunshades I have all of my rear windows tinted for blocking out the sun, privacy, and to minimise the amount of glass entering the cabin if ever a window is broken. The rear screen on my last vehicle shattered and I was picking up pieces of glass for months afterwards.

If purely for ventilation, try Ali Express, ebay and amazon.
Windows are already tinted but not enough for my son ; so i was looking something to put in the interior but i dont find anything good because of the small windows at the rear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts