Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to the forum, hopefully posting to the right place.

When we got our 2019 HR-V Sport it had one of those cardboard dealer advertisements on the rear plate mount, with the screws partially in. When we got the real license plates I assumed those were the right screws, so reused them, tightened them up, and... CRACK. Nope, they had used some random giant screws, and it shattered the little plastic insert. Later I found the correct screws in a factory baggie in the glovebox. 馃槖

The broken insert held well enough for that plate but we've moved to a different state and I need to install a new one, and I've got one plastic insert that's completely broken and the other is almost gone. I can find a million articles and forum posts and eBay listings for the front plate bracket, but nothing about the rear.

Any ideas where to find a part number for that little insert? Or whether they're just individual plugs, or a whole bracket inside the tailgate? I'm kind of guessing I'd be better off just gooping some epoxy into the broken plugs to salvage them, it just feels crude to go that route.

Registered
With your new 2019 and if you plan to keep it for a while, just stop in at Honda dealer and pick up 4 of those screw clips.

You will have to remove the plastic inner panel of the rear hatch to get the old ones out properly.
4 new screw clips will fix the minor issue properly and permanently!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts