Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2021 HR-V (Right hand drive)
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that there is a Honda OEM "rear seat backing protector" that has been available for quite a few years now. As I plan to to be folding the rear seats quite often i want to protect the carpet on the back of the seats from beach sand etc. The HONDA OEM rear seat back protectors look ok and wondering how HRV owners with these back protector find them over time? Are there any other custom fit options? I have seen the old discussion posts on this part, however checking in to see if any current reviews and info. Wished 3D Maxpider had an option as the finish on their Kagu design looks a bit more quality IMO and possibly more durable Thank you for your help and comments.

Vehicle Trunk Hood Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The tarp sounds like a good less costly idea. My brother uses a heavy duty moving blanket in his car (not HRV) which i plan to get as a very use secondary protection when moving very messy items, but I would also like something a little more custom and sporty looking. I was initially going to order the Canvasback Cargo liner which is custom designed for the HRV. I liked the look of the winter camo seen by someone on youtube. The cargo liner was nicely designed to incorportate the rear seat split, waterproof, and would give a full seal between trunk and rear seat. That idea was crushed as my wife didnt like the idea of the canvas being velcroed to the carpet, with potential removal, potentially affecting the new look of the carpet. Honda HR-V Cargo Liners | Canvasback.com . I am hoping that there is a seat backing similar to the Honda OEM version, but maybe slightly superior.

Product Output device Font Comfort Screenshot

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, there will be a fair bit of use having the front seats down for part of the day. I have been recently using towels to cover the carpet when the seats are down and by the end of the week did a vacuum to catch any of the beach sand fallen off the sides. The main carpet area was pretty good but can see how a more dedicated liner over the cargo area and back of seats would help. having an additional moving blanket i feel is key to catching fine beach sand. I will be using a XXL Thule lock box on the roof once i get the roofracks installed and hopefully this will minimize the abuse and wear and tear inside. However still nice to have the automatic protection in the rear of the car for when transporting gear/boxes, sandy items etc. I did notice that "wood" is used by Honda under the cargo area and part of the flaps that cover the back of the seat. I am being very cautions not to get these wet, from wet watersports gear, as these would like, warp, or rot over time. Definitely another reason for having a protective liner or cover over the trunk space and back of seat.

·
Registered
101 Posts
No beach sand here. Keep busy brushing snow off if it. My wife not crazy about the HRV as difficult for her to get in and out. She likes her old Dodge Caravan with running boards. You put the 2nd and third row seats down and can haul just about anything. Here is a pic with only
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire
the third row down. Good luck on your search for solutions.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow... that would be excellent to have all that space in the Dodge Caravan.. The HRV i would imagine feels so compact in comparison. I have upgraded from a 2006 Toyota Yaris, so the new Honda HRV 2021 feels huge in comparison with tons more space.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wow... that would be excellent to have all that space in the Dodge Caravan.. The HRV i would imagine feels so compact in comparison. I have upgraded from a 2006 Toyota Yaris, so the new Honda HRV 2021 feels huge in comparison with tons more space.
While the Van is now 11 years old it is very low mileage. Other than eating rotors and pads every two years it had been reliable. The brake problem is from lack of use. \They get rusty just sitting.

I had a Fit for 12 years so moving up to the HRV was quite a change. So many of the mods I did to the Fit are Std on the HRV.
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel Tire

·
Registered
1 Posts
I see that there is a Honda OEM "rear seat backing protector" that has been available for quite a few years now. As I plan to to be folding the rear seats quite often i want to protect the carpet on the back of the seats from beach sand etc. The HONDA OEM rear seat back protectors look ok and wondering how HRV owners with these back protector find them over time? Are there any other custom fit options? I have seen the old discussion posts on this part, however checking in to see if any current reviews and info. Wished 3D Maxpider had an option as the finish on their Kagu design looks a bit more quality IMO and possibly more durable Thank you for your help and comments.

View attachment 33031
I love mine. Pricey but fit perfectly and fold down with seats. Work great for taking my dogs to the vet. Put down all seats and they can’t damage the back of the seats. I also have the cargo liner and that works great also.

·
Registered
2021 Honda HR-V Vti-S
105 Posts

View attachment 33031
You guys are really are spoilt for auto accessories. 😢

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah the US have tons of accessories for their Honda HRV (LHD). It is good when a vehicle is very popular and the manufacture keeps the general shape both interior/exterior for a handful of years, allowing aftermarket companies to design accessories. I have a Honda motorcycle which is sold all around the world and the amount of accessories available to the market is incredible.

·
Registered
2021 Honda HR-V Vti-S
105 Posts
Yeah the US have tons of accessories for their Honda HRV (LHD). It is good when a vehicle is very popular and the manufacture keeps the general shape both interior/exterior for a handful of years, allowing aftermarket companies to design accessories. I have a Honda motorcycle which is sold all around the world and the amount of accessories available to the market is incredible.
I used to own a Honda XL 250sTrail Bike back in the 70's, same as this one.
I had a bucket loads of fun on that bike.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
751 Posts
I used Titan Boot Liners in my Skoda Octavia estate. They really proved their worth when a relative cut down several trees at his property and I took them home for the log burner. I removed the cover twice a year to hose them down, treat the boot carpet with an anti stain treatment, and it also gave me the opportunity to check the boot over for any damage and so on, of which there was very little, if any.

I paid extra for the bumper protector and for the extension that attached to the front seat headrests which covered most of the rear of the cabin when the back seats were folded down. The only down side to Titan was they did not create inserts for the side mounted luggage hooks, nor 12v socket so it was out with the trusty Stanley knife!

Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

I don't intend for the boot of my HR-V to have such a hard time as my Scout - I have detachable tow bar fitted so that I can attach a small trailer when it comes to collecting wood for the log burner or disposing of garden waste at the recycling centre. I chose Rhino Boot Liners for the HR-V as they offered to tailor the liner to include cut outs for boot hooks if I provided them with the necessary measturements and dimensions. They offer two methods for attaching to the rear seat; loads of velcro, or a rear seat bib which goes over the rear headrests. As the HR-V is smaller than the Scout, and I only covered up to the rear seat back, this liner is small enough to fit in my washing machine.

Unfortunately, it would appear I don't have any readily available images of the Rhino covers installed.

You may find the following product of interest, Boot Buddy as it appears it does not actually physically attaches to your vehicle, but to the parts of the 'guard'.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Rhino boot liner looks really good for keeping the passenger/boot section protected when transporting stuff inside the car. Possibly better coverage than Canvasback.com liners, however Canvas back material looks a little more HD?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts