Honda HR-V Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,302 Posts
So where is the Hadley? Does he approve?
Of course, nothing went into her domain without her approval!

Unfortunately the Old Girl passed away in October at the ripe old age of 15 1/2, which is pretty good going considering the average left expectancy for a Staffie is usually 10-12 years of age.

Dog Vertebrate Comfort Dog breed Liver

Onwards, and upwards....

·
Registered
2020 Sport AWD (Canadian Version)
168 Posts
Of course, nothing went into her domain without her approval!

Unfortunately the Old Girl passed away in October at the ripe old age of 15 1/2, which is pretty good going considering the average left expectancy for a Staffie is usually 10-12 years of age.

View attachment 33132

Onwards, and upwards....
Sorry to hear that.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
@Bill in Kitchener and @9w6vx - many thanks for responses. No need to feel sad, she had a good innings, and the vet suspected she had stomach cancer but was too old and frail to carry out any intrusive checks. Her timing was quite fortuitous as both my wife and I have been isolating for the last fortnight due to contracting Covid, so not sure how we would have coped if the October scenario was to have happened now. Silver linings and all that...

Back on topic...... ;)

·
Registered
2020 Sport AWD (Canadian Version)
168 Posts
@Bill in Kitchener and @9w6vx - many thanks for responses. No need to feel sad, she had a good innings, and the vet suspected she had stomach cancer but was too old and frail to carry out any intrusive checks. Her timing was quite fortuitous as both my wife and I have been isolating for the last fortnight due to contracting Covid, so not sure how we would have coped if the October scenario was to have happened now. Silver linings and all that...

Back on topic...... ;)
What was the topic? Anyhow sorry to hear you got Covid. We got our booster shots last week. So far been healthy.

·
Registered
2021 HR-V (Right hand drive)
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Got my first opportunity in a fortnight to give the interior a clean. This is the set up I have in my HR-V (minus the OEM Honda boot liner);

View attachment 33131

Once the boot liner and all my 'must haves' are back in place I attach the elasticated boot net to four (colour coordinated!) carabiners attached to the boot hooks to keep everything in place.

The blue item attached to the bottom of the dog guard is a pool tube to stop me banging my head on it when reaching into the back of the boot!
The cover looks great. Does the cover use velcro or clips to hold it self up on the sides?
Got my first opportunity in a fortnight to give the interior a clean. This is the set up I have in my HR-V (minus the OEM Honda boot liner);

View attachment 33131

Once the boot liner and all my 'must haves' are back in place I attach the elasticated boot net to four (colour coordinated!) carabiners attached to the boot hooks to keep everything in place.

The blue item attached to the bottom of the dog guard is a pool tube to stop me banging my head on it when reaching into the back of the boot!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Velcro. I've removed the side panels on numerous occasions for better hoover access and there is very little bobbling of the carpet material. If the bobbling is a peeve or pet hate you can buy a battery operated 'fuzz away' to remove it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2017 HRV EXL and it seems like they only make it for from 2019 and up and I've been looking all over. What year is your HRV?

Did the design of the rear seats change?

I see that there is a Honda OEM "rear seat backing protector" that has been available for quite a few years now. As I plan to to be folding the rear seats quite often i want to protect the carpet on the back of the seats from beach sand etc. The HONDA OEM rear seat back protectors look ok and wondering how HRV owners with these back protector find them over time? Are there any other custom fit options? I have seen the old discussion posts on this part, however checking in to see if any current reviews and info. Wished 3D Maxpider had an option as the finish on their Kagu design looks a bit more quality IMO and possibly more durable Thank you for your help and comments.

View attachment 33031

·
Registered
31 Posts
A few months ago we traded my wife's 2016 with 50,000 for a 2019 with 9,000. At one point I purchased the rear seatback protectors for her car and really found them helpful when the rear seatbacks needed to be lowered for hauling something. Her 2016 also had a protector for the rear storage area floor. I removed the seatback protectors prior to selling the 2016 and put them in the 2019. So far so good. On putting the backseat back down to load up the car for our annual trip the beach several weeks ago I noticed a significant gap between the protectors and the HRV tray in the back which came with the car. The gap made it a little difficult to slide things forward. I didn't remember that in the 2014 and didn't think of it any more...until...

This morning I ran across a photo of the back seatback protectors on this site. Apparently, there were lower panels on the seatback which flopped down to fill the gap when the seatback was lowered (mentioned above) and which I neglected to notice or remove. I have no idea where I initially ordered these protectors. I know it was online. Anyone have a suggestion? I can just let it go and live with it but having the missing parts would sooth the obsessive thread in my character.

·
Registered
583 Posts
There is an extremely slim chance that someone would have JUST those bottom pieces for sale. Your only safe bet is to rebuy the part accessory. I sold all my accessories used after selling my car. Honestly local for things like all season protector is the best because they are cheaper and also because the part is sort of difficult to age and wear. Simple soap and water has always done wonders for cleaning and maintaining them.

If you want new, eBay always has them readily for sale.

·
Registered
2021 Honda HRV VTi LX
20 Posts
There is an extremely slim chance that someone would have JUST those bottom pieces for sale. Your only safe bet is to rebuy the part accessory. I sold all my accessories used after selling my car. Honestly local for things like all season protector is the best because they are cheaper and also because the part is sort of difficult to age and wear. Simple soap and water has always done wonders for cleaning and maintaining them.

I have recently purchased a 2021 HR-V in Australia, and for the life of me cannot find those rear seat protectors ANYWHERE online or in person other than a couple of American stockists of official OEM Honda parts, that won't/don't ship internationally. Do you happen to have a link for the ebay ones by any chance? All I can find on ebay are custom made ones for the entire cargo area that look extremely tacky (pic 1), in the meantime I have just bought a basic tray liner off ebay for some protection (pic 2)
Car Vehicle Grille Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Grille Automotive lighting Rectangle Automotive parking light Bumper

·
Registered
31 Posts

Thanks for the input, pearlwhite01. I bit the bullet and reordered them. A bit pricey, indeed.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts