Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pardon me if this has been discussed, but whats the rear suspension setup on the HR-V? Being based on the FIT does it use the same twist-beam rear (torsion beam depending on your terminology preference) ???

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Pardon me if this has been discussed, but whats the rear suspension setup on the HR-V? Being based on the FIT does it use the same twist-beam rear (torsion beam depending on your terminology preference) ???

Yes, it does have the Torsion Beam rear suspension. It also has front and rear stabilizer bars on AWD . FWD has them in front only.
Source: Jeff's fact sheets

·
Registered
54 Posts
was under my new EX AWD today painting the muffler and looked around under there. the rear suspension is not independent, it is a large one piece trailing arm linking the right and left sides, it also doesn't use a torsion bar. it has a spring in a pocket with the shock right beside the spring. mine is AWD and i didn't see any sway bar on the rear because it doesn't have independent rear suspension.:)

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wish the hrv had independent rear suspension and not this solid beam crap. I do see the torsion bar inside the beam but independent movement and camber angles will be minimal. Its the ultra cheap way of doing things
but you can't say honda doesn't do it well. Cheap, but effective...

·
Registered
445 Posts
I wish the hrv had independent rear suspension and not this solid beam crap. I do see the torsion bar inside the beam but independent movement and camber angles will be minimal. Its the ultra cheap way of doing things
but you can't say honda doesn't do it well. Cheap, but effective...
Effective? Maybe for day to day use for non-enthusiasts. But I long for the day when the double wishbone returns in Hondas (I'm not holding my breath, though)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts