Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having problems to defrost my rear windshield since it was snowing and raining right now. I've got the side/rear defroster ON and also the Front/foot ON in a decent volume of warm air flow. As I turn on my rear wipers, that area is OK and clear but the rest of the back windshield ( where those heater lines) are still wet. Shouldn't that be cleared and dry as well? What am I doing wrong here? My HRV is not even a week old, it's the 2020 model. I don't have that kind of a problem with my 2016 CRV. Help! I'm still getting to know this car.

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
248 Posts
I'm having problems to defrost my rear windshield since it was snowing and raining right now. I've got the side/rear defroster ON and also the Front/foot ON in a decent volume of warm air flow. As I turn on my rear wipers, that area is OK and clear but the rest of the back windshield ( where those heater lines) are still wet. Shouldn't that be cleared and dry as well? What am I doing wrong here? My HRV is not even a week old, it's the 2020 model. I don't have that kind of a problem with my 2016 CRV. Help! I'm still getting to know this car.
If you leave it on long enough, sure, it can dry the rear window... but by then, it'll likely burn itself out too.

It's not that it can't dry out the windows, but simply, it's not the reason it's put there. After all, it is called "rear defroster," not "window drying line" right? Is there anywhere in the manual or Honda's various website that states anything like using it to dry windows?

On a slight tangent, consider this... most rain is relatively pure water, but it isn't really mostly rain you get on your car, but also misty/splash coming off the ground, kicked up by vehicles ahead of you. And that isn't just water, but also dirt/grime/minerals included. If you rely on just the defroster lines to dry up the window, all that stuff will be left on the window, blocking your view. And that's the job of the wiper clear away. Any part the wiper doesn't get to... is your job to clean up when you're at a gas station, home or car wash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts