Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently started doing maintenance on my HRV and noticed the rear of the vehicle has become noticeably bumpy even driving on slightly rocky roads. I suspect the rear shocks might be the culprit. Is there any particular brand that anyone would recommend in replacing the OEM shocks. I've been searching online but KYB is the only option that seems to fit. Would it be best to try to source the OEM shocks or are there better alternatives?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
not much aftermarket support on the HR-V... i would look into OEM prices if you can and compare if it's worth it to you. Maybe only a few bucks.
I dont remember for sure- but the OEM factory ones might be stamped KYB anyway, its possible they make them for HONDA.

·
Registered
2019 and 2020 HR-V EXs
403 Posts
Define 'bumpy'...too stiff? No control? (Google bounce test for shock absorbers or dampers)

What I read regards shocks & struts across many makers of vehicles indicates that you are best-off replacing the struts and re-using the actual springs.

Years ago I LOVED KYB. But on the wife's van I installed TWO sets of them (different variations) and they had absolutely NO control. :mad: Finally purchased Gabriels and those were fine...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Define 'bumpy'...too stiff? No control? (Google bounce test for shock absorbers or dampers)

What I read regards shocks & struts across many makers of vehicles indicates that you are best-off replacing the struts and re-using the actual springs.

Years ago I LOVED KYB. But on the wife's van I installed TWO sets of them (different variations) and they had absolutely NO control. :mad: Finally purchased Gabriels and those were fine...
The rear doesn't have struts just shocks and the springs appear to be fine otherwise I'd probably have a far more noticeable problem lol there's no problem with control, just that after driving over the slightest uneven road it shakes for a few seconds before stabilizing

·
Registered
108 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2016 HR-V EX AWD-CVT | 19” Accord Sport wheels | Dasaita head unit | 15% Tints All Around
41 Posts
Hi there, I would recommend using rockauto they have good pricing for parts. Also it seems like KYB is the same manufacturer that honda uses. Here is the direct link to rockauto.com alot cheaper.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi there, I would recommend using rockauto they have good pricing for parts. Also it seems like KYB is the same manufacturer that honda uses. Here is the direct link to rockauto.com alot cheaper.
thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to check it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts